The Student Room Group

(New here) Any Chemistry students who are/have studying at London Met University

Firstly, this might be in the wrong place, if so can someone help me move it.
Secondly, students who studied at London Met, can you describe your experience of it, and would you recommend it to someone who wants to do a Chemistry undergrad course?

Any replies are appreciated
Original post by UndecidedChoice
Secondly, students who studied at London Met, can you describe your experience of it, and would you recommend it to someone who wants to do a Chemistry undergrad course?

I don't think anyone on TSR will recommend London Met. It has an outrageously bad reputation on here. Rightly or wrongly, I don't know, but the arguments against it seem pretty compelling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello,

I'm one of the London Metropolitan University's TSR reps (and also a student, but not of chemistry, unfortunately). We've actually got our own dedicated forum on TSR, here. You might have more chance of getting in touch with one of our current chemistry students there...

Obviously I would be more than happy to help if you have any questions, so please don't hesitate to ask if you think I can help.

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Simon
Original post by William Turtle
I don't think anyone on TSR will recommend London Met. It has an outrageously bad reputation on here. Rightly or wrongly, I don't know, but the arguments against it seem pretty compelling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Huh, I guess there is a reason for that, and since posting the question I have noticed that the majority of people say similar things.
I did some videography work at London Met while working for an ad agency about a year ago and I can tell you the Chemistry facilities are absolutely phenomenal.

Don't judge the uni purely on the (sometimes misinformed) prejudices of some TSR users

Huh, I guess there is a reason for that, and since posting the question I have noticed that the majority of people say similar things.
Original post by Paulwyn
I did some videography work at London Met while working for an ad agency about a year ago and I can tell you the Chemistry facilities are absolutely phenomenal.

Don't judge the uni purely on the (sometimes misinformed) prejudices of some TSR users

Huh, thanks for this. Is there anywhere on the internet I can view the facilities, nothing comes up on the website.
Huh, thanks for this. Is there anywhere on the internet I can view the facilities, nothing comes up on the website.

Hello, the below is what London Met's website says about our science centre (obviously it's a PR piece, so not surprising that it's incredibly positive).

"In 2006 the University invested over £30 million in developing the Science Centre. With unparalleled facilities, this centre on Hornsey Road is a real London Met gem.

The Superlab with 280 individual workstations and an international quality basketball court, made from recycled aircraft tyres, offers unparallelled teaching and research. The Superlab gives our students a cutting-edge experience of learning science. Because it is the the largest and most advanced science teaching facility in Europe, our students have a definite advantage."

Admittedly, I've never used the facilities (as my MA is not even remotely lab-based, I work in mental health and homelessness). However, I have led a few tours of prospective students around the facility and the scale of the place is very impressive.

This is a video (not made by the University!) that shows the science centre (If you're a fan of Idris Elba and Luther then you might recognise it, as they used it quite a bit for filming a couple of years ago):

[video="youtube;y99MobS5Dnc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y99MobS5Dnc[/video]

I hope that this has been helpful to you and I wish you the very best in making your decision! If you have any other questions then ask away,

Kind regards,
Simon :kungfu:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending