The Student Room Group

Proof unis are a joke

i get lots of pictures on my fb feed of my "friends" who went to uni.
there were a lot of absolute IDIOTS who got into the top 10 unis in the country. absolutely sickening

not only were they stupid as ****, they probably only got in because they applied for non-competitive mickey mouse degrees and now i have to suffer because i cant get into top unis because they're doing some stupid english courses or whatever they're doing

****ing sickening

Scroll to see replies

You sound bitter.

And lol are you implying an English degree is a mickey mouse degree? Not like rankings even matter since they fluctuate so much. I'd rather go to Edingburgh than Exeter.
Reply 2
Original post by grassntai
You sound bitter.

And lol are you implying an English degree is a mickey mouse degree? Not like rankings even matter since they fluctuate so much. I'd rather go to Edingburgh than Exeter.

inb4 english is so hard.
what on earth can you do with english? become an author (lol)

im all about mathematics. but i cant get into the top unis because people are all about mickey mouse subjects nowadays
Reply 3
I can see why you aren't at university.
Reply 4
Original post by Artimus
I can see why you aren't at university.

lol i had to retake a year because i couldnt give a **** about my a levels and i still don't to an extent
Original post by whowasfone
inb4 english is so hard.
what on earth can you do with english? become an author (lol)

im all about mathematics. but i cant get into the top unis because people are all about mickey mouse subjects nowadays

Media/Film studies constitutes as a 'mickey mouse' degree - not the subject that has been taught for centuries.

It's great that you love Maths but there's no need to be so bitter about it just because you didn't achieve the grades you wanted.
Reply 6
lol i had to retake a year because i couldnt give a **** about my a levels and i still don't to an extent

You really should care, and if you did care you wouldn't of had to resit a year, so you're just spending more time doing your A Levels for no reason.

University is about wanting to learn. If you can't be bothered with A-Levels, what makes uni seem a good option for you?
Reply 8
lol @ people who go to uni to study psychology or media or something

why arent they letting in people like me who actually want to study something productive ?
Well, that proves it.
Reply 10
Original post by ByronicHero
Well, that proves it.

ha ha so witty. i expect you believe you've earn your reps for that one

why arent they letting in people like me who actually want to study something productive ?

Maybe the second quote explains why you aren't at uni? If you couldn't give a damn about your A levels, then how would the Unis know that you want to study Maths at uni (bar grades (suggesting that you have resat the year) and personal statements)

And Media and Psychology are productive! Psychiatrists for example need a psychology degree to help people with mental illnesses. Journalists are needed to tell us what is going on. Seriously, why is there a Pro-STEM bias nowadays?

(Also I am planning to study Philosophy at uni. Such an interesting, and hard subject. I plan on going into teaching afterwards, which is very productive for society)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12

Depends what you mean by productive. Sure some abstract mathematics is productive in the sense of helping people, but some probably isn't. If you became a useless mathematician you'd be less productive in one sense than a psychologist who really helps people.

There's a difference between productive and hard. I'm sure Cambridge maths is harder than a lot of psychology degrees and a lower percentage of the population could do Cambridge maths.
Are you saying the PhD I am planning to get in cake baking and interpretive dance is worthless? How dare you
Look at everyone feeding the troll. :rolleyes:
I also think it's pathetic how they're willing to accept any foreigner with any grades but any British person they must make things as hard as possible
People applying and going to universities for Mickey Mouse Degrees really isn't what is affecting you going to a top university
(edited 9 years ago)
ha ha so witty. i expect you believe you've earn your reps for that one

I was actually agreeing with you. I certainly wouldn't want to study "english courses". :nope:

psychology is a mickey mouse degree?

HAHAHAHAHA are you having a laugh m8
I think everyone knows STEM subjects are the only worthwhile degrees. Anyone who says otherwise is clearly a troll, and we should not feed them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending