The Student Room Group

The 2015 FCA Graduate Development Programme thread

So as with last year when nb206 started a thread on this, I am pretty sure there's not a single thread on TSR or indeed anywhere on the internet on the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) Grad Programme for this year. Has anyone applied to it? How's it going?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah I've applied. The 2014 thread was useful as an insight into the process, so for people who might be applying, the process has been this thus far:

1. Put in your personal details.
2. You're invited to do a SJT.
3. You're invited to do motivational questions.

This is all automatic I think, I sent mine off yesterday so I don't know how long it takes for them to get back with next steps if at all.
Reply 2
Good to see one started again! I was just going through last years, it brings back memories of heartbreak. I have just submitted my numerical and logical and am waiting to see if I'm successful. Hopefully they won't be such a mess this year.
I submitted my application a couple of weeks ago but I haven't been asked to do any tests? I've just been given a slot for a telephone interview.
Does the phone interview come before the testing?
Reply 4
Original post by amyallover
I submitted my application a couple of weeks ago but I haven't been asked to do any tests? I've just been given a slot for a telephone interview.

Perhaps it depends which programme you applied for?

Or maybe you have stellar results and have been fast-tracked?

Or it could be an oversight in their system - probably not one worth complaining about though. : )
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5

which scheme are you applying for?
Just the FCA Graduate Development Programme
Reply 7
Just the FCA Graduate Development Programme

Well the way it's supposed to work is logic and numerical tests come after your motivational questions - then if you get a successful enough score in those you're through to phone interview then assessment centres.

However it can only be a positive thing if you've gone straight to phone interviews, perhaps if you've gotten a 1st in your degree, or maybe it was a hard science / mathematics subject, or you've done extremely well in your SJT and an occupational psychologist has rated you highly on your motivationals they fast-track you.

It makes sense to me they'd have some sort of system for that because I'm sure when you're dealing in high volumes fast-tracking helps cut down the amount of resources spent on the recruitment process.

If I were you I'd just prep for your interview and not worry about it!
I'm certainly not complaining!

Got my interview at 1pm today!
Reply 9

Best of luck!! :smile:
Reply 10

Good luck !!!
I only just found out about this scheme and sent in the first part of my application (very last minute, I know!). Has anyone tried taking the tests on a Mac? (It says it won't work, but often they do anyway.)

EDIT: It's all fine, I borrowed a friend's computer.
(edited 9 years ago)

How was your telephone interview. ? I got mine on thursday ?
I submitted my application form on sunday and i have just been given a telephone interview slot. Has anyone had a telephone interview ? How was it like?
Reply 14
Did anybody else have to do a numerical and logical test rather than a numerical and verbal reasoning test?
I was rejected straight from the SJT test. I'm so upset I want to just die. This is my dream job. I know I answered everything correctly but evidently not. I might travel next year and try again.

So upset :-(
Good luck to you all though. :'-(
I have just completed the SJT test & got the message"Test Completed.Thank you for you completing the testing stage.Your results are being considered and we shall be in contact shortly" :eek:.I am so relieved i didn't get rejected straight away as has happened several times with these SJT tests which i really don't understand.:confused:.The Battle continues on to the next stage.Good luck everyone!!!
Reply 18
Original post by ilovecandy
I submitted my application form on sunday and i have just been given a telephone interview slot. Has anyone had a telephone interview ? How was it like?

It is very interesting they're skipping some people for further tests and putting them straight through to phone interviews... I wonder what they're basing that on?
Reply 19
Original post by IAMchocolatee
I was rejected straight from the SJT test. I'm so upset I want to just die. This is my dream job. I know I answered everything correctly but evidently not. I might travel next year and try again.

So upset :-(

You'd be surprised at some of the answers to those tests - it isn't always as intuitive as you'd think. They're definitely worth practising beforehand because at the end of the day it's just another box-ticking excercise they use to try to filter people out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending