The Student Room Group

Interviews for 2015 Entry

Good day,

Unlike the other thread, which is more of a "stalking" page for interview results, this thread shall seek to be a place of discussion.

Do post here if you want to enquire more about the interview process, or any thing related to the interviews such as travelling / packing list / accommodation.

If current students could share their experiences and tips, that will be great too!

Some useful links to know:

Main Interview Website (Interview Tips / Timetable / Directions to Oxford can be found here)

Skype Interview Tips

There are also decent mock interviews / interview tips on YouTube.

All the best for your interview prep!
(edited 9 years ago)
It's been almost four years since I had my interviews with Oxford...

Some general advice: read up on your subject, especially works you've mentioned on your personal statement - I've come across some people who got caught for it! I found it useful to write down some general thoughts concerning my subject in the few weeks leading up to the interview, as it helps me organise my thoughts so that I would sound more coherent. That is not to say that you should write up a speech to recite though.

Most importantly, smile and be friendly! If you're a tutor, you'd choose a student you'd find a pleasure to teach in the next few years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending