The Student Room Group

do one night stands call you back?

Scroll to see replies

Me and a buddy went out to a nightclub and he got talking to this girl, all three of us went back to my house and he went home eventually after. I had no intentions of sleeping with her but it ended up hpening when the lights got turned off, I didn't even know her name and the next day she added me on Facebook.

Ended up dating for a few weeks until I decided to get on a plane and not come back, do it but he might turn out to be a cock who gets on a plane and never comes back, but so could any guy.
Original post by Anonymous
But I am the girl, I don't dare to call him back. I am stalking his facebook all the time and even getting jealous if he likes someone's photo.

wut? why?

pull yourself together and send him a dirty text.
I'm just hoping we will "accidentally" see each other at uni this week.
I met my girlfriend on a one night stand, it does happen, but overall it's very unlikely, I would say it's best that you assume you won't see them again.
Original post by Mankytoes
I met my girlfriend on a one night stand, it does happen, but overall it's very unlikely, I would say it's best that you assume you won't see them again.

Depends on the person. I would say I saw 90% of my single night hookups again. If you both have fun, why would you not do it again?
Original post by cole-slaw
Depends on the person. I would say I saw 90% of my single night hookups again. If you both have fun, why would you not do it again?

I know you're asking rhetorically, but because you don't want the girl to get attached when you're trying to stay single.
All the time asking for more....
Original post by Mankytoes
I know you're asking rhetorically, but because you don't want the girl to get attached when you're trying to stay single.

So be honest with her. Tell her you're not interested in anything long term right now. Most girls would be happy to just have sex and a bit of fun.

Plus, why would anyone actively try to stay single? Surely if you meet an absolutely fantastic girl you'd be a mug you not give her a chance?
Reply 28
Anything could happen. But sex to kick off a relationship is a high risk strategy.
Original post by Zarek
Anything could happen. But sex to kick off a relationship is a high risk strategy.

It seems to work pretty well for every couple I have seen get married in the past 5 years.
Most of the time, yes.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm just hoping we will "accidentally" see each other at uni this week.

And when you see him and he sees you but keeps walking?

Let it go giiirrrrl!

So be honest with her. Tell her you're not interested in anything long term right now. Most girls would be happy to just have sex and a bit of fun.

Plus, why would anyone actively try to stay single? Surely if you meet an absolutely fantastic girl you'd be a mug you not give her a chance?

Not everyone is naturally inclined or in a good place for a relationship?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
And when you see him and he sees you but keeps walking?

Let it go giiirrrrl!

Not everyone is naturally inclined or in a good place for a relationship?

Well not a serious one, perhaps. But that doesn't mean you can't have something fun and casual.

Relationships don't start off serious, they just automatically become more serious the longer they last.

Why are so many men terrified that women are going to "trap" them? into a serious relationship against their will? Its just bizarre.
Well not a serious one, perhaps. But that doesn't mean you can't have something fun and casual.

Relationships don't start off serious, they just automatically become more serious the longer they last.

Why are so many men terrified that women are going to "trap" them? into a serious relationship against their will? Its just bizarre.

But you said this:
Plus, why would anyone actively try to stay single?

And I answered it. :smile:

Sex is great and all, but the world doesn't entirely revolve around it, some people are just not naturally inclined towards it, or aren't in a good place for it, or simply just for some unknown reason don't feel like associating with someone else sexually. Casual or not. :smile:

Not sure what you mean about being trapped, I don't see many guys feeling that way, though being stalked by their one night stand that you didn't even have penetrative sex with can cause some apprehension lol.
But you said this:

And I answered it. :smile:

Sex is great and all, but the world doesn't entirely revolve around it, some people are just not naturally inclined towards it, or aren't in a good place for it, or simply just for some unknown reason don't feel like associating with someone else sexually. Casual or not. :smile:

Not sure what you mean about being trapped, I don't see many guys feeling that way, though being stalked by their one night stand that you didn't even have penetrative sex with can cause some apprehension lol.

OK, but lets say you meet a nice girl on a night out, have sex, and exchange numbers.

Now you have two choices - either stay in touch, or don't.

If you stay in touch, you have a huge number of options. You could just casually hook up a few more times, you could start a relationship, you could get together as FWBs, you could become mates and she recommends you to all her friends, whatever. The world is your oyster. Win-win.

If you don't, you get none of that. She will probably think you're a dick and tell her friends to avoid you. Lose-lose.

I just don't see why anyone would choose the second option. Unless the evening was a complete disaster or something.
Original post by JamesManc
The clue is in the name 'one night stand.'

They can sit the next time.
OK, but lets say you meet a nice girl on a night out, have sex, and exchange numbers.

Now you have two choices - either stay in touch, or don't.

If you stay in touch, you have a huge number of options. You could just casually hook up a few more times, you could start a relationship, you could get together as FWBs, you could become mates and she recommends you to all her friends, whatever. The world is your oyster. Win-win.

If you don't, you get none of that. She will probably think you're a dick and tell her friends to avoid you. Lose-lose.

I just don't see why anyone would choose the second option. Unless the evening was a complete disaster or something.

For some guys a second time is too samey. :P
For some guys a second time is too samey. :P

Fair play if you did the full world tour, stopped at every station of the jubilee line, went through the rabbit hole and out the other side, that there is literally nothing new left to do the second time round.
Original post by JamesManc
I only want to get my end away

that's tragic :')
Reply 39
Original post by Irina_Nina
That's a little harsh ParadiseFound, when I "went after what I wanted" I nearly ruined a very good friendship between me and a guy. We slept together once, now agree it was a mistake and are good. But if I'd have known to just not jump the gun, and to talk in person, I would have and saved myself a few months of a lost friend...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You two handled it wrong that's why. And it wasn't because you went after what you wanted. If he did, and you were not on it, you could equally have found yourself in the same place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending