The Student Room Group

English Controlled Assessment

Young people in the 20th Century had real heroes and fundamental figures to look up to.
21st Century teenagers need a real role model not just a celebrity

I am looking at key words and what effect they might have or just the general statement
Reply 1
Original post by Himtiaz
Young people in the 20th Century had real heroes and fundamental figures to look up to.
21st Century teenagers need a real role model not just a celebrity

I am looking at key words and what effect they might have or just the general statement

Looking at the key words I would firstly talk about the meaning of 'heroes' or 'fundamental figures' as many people may interpret this in a different way. This could range from notable scientific figures in this century to almost celebrities of that day. It is probably referring to people who have done something notable in their lives that people can look up to and be inspired by.
Then I would go on to discuss what a 'celebrity' truly is and whether we can truly stereotype this extremely large groups of people with a rather negative sense. I do believe that not all celebrities are the same and some are more worthy of being role models than others. It also depends on why a particular celebrity is your role model, is it because they work hard and do the best that they can in their job and keep their morals and beliefs close to their heart when decided what jobs to take - or is it a case of the Kardashians for example who don't seem to have actually done anything to become famous.
There's many ways you could go about this, I would make use of dictionary definitions and thrown the way hat they can be interpreted using examples of different people/groups of people to help explain a point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending