The Student Room Group

Group interview for Tesco

hey guys, I have a group interview for tesco on Monday night at 10pm. What should I wear and what can i expect from this interview? this is my first ever job interview and I'm pretty nervous to say the least!
Original post by Heythereitskt
hey guys, I have a group interview for tesco on Monday night at 10pm. What should I wear and what can i expect from this interview? this is my first ever job interview and I'm pretty nervous to say the least!

10pm? That's late.
Original post by snikutsmullac
10pm? That's late.

I know, I thought the same
I know, I thought the same

When I went to one of these interviews I had to have a one to one interview with a department manager, and then a group task where we had to build a tower out of paper and cellotape or something - it was in January so I'm not entirely sure! Just try and get along with everyone, speak to everyone in the group, listen to all of their ideas, try and include everyone, pretty standard stuff and you should be fine. Although saying that, I did all of this and I didn't get the job, but people who said nothing did...
Reply 4

Hello Heythereitskt. First of all Tesco is a 24/7 business and late interviews are normal :smile: First off all as a Training Manager at Tesco I have interviewed several times for them and Tesco like to make the interviews as fun and informal as possible. You will be in a group interview to start so don't worry about a 1 to 1 as we are told not to do that... I would rather people to turn up in casual/formal clothes... so not a suit but not tracksuits. Girls tend to just wear a nice dress and guys tend to wear jeans and a shirt or nice poloshirt. So don't be nervous as we can pick up on this and we don't want nervous staff when they are dealing with customers :smile: and good luck :smile: Just ask if you need more info... take your passport, national insurance number and a debit card just incase as they might want these now or they might not. :smile:
Reply 5

Did they tell you it was a group interview? I have an interview tomorrow for Tesco and they didn't specify. So worried!
Reply 6
Original post by CEW1508
Did they tell you it was a group interview? I have an interview tomorrow for Tesco and they didn't specify. So worried!

It is not guaranteed to be group, but if they follow their guidelines from Head Office it should.

Good Luck :smile:
OP have you heard anything back yet? Did you get the job?
Original post by snikutsmullac
OP have you heard anything back yet? Did you get the job?

Hey, the interview went really well, just waiting on a phone call now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending