The Student Room Group

South Korean Love

So, thanks to a random person I met during a game, I've eventually taking a shining to the Korean culture. I blame them because they posted an Anime on their fb wall over a year ago and has lead me spiraling to the state I'm in now. A friend and I are planning to go check out South Korea next year but I need something to interest right now!

So yea, if you're Korean, like the culture, wanna teach me Korean, listen to K-Pop or watch K-Dramas, lets get talking :biggrin:

I've seen a few K-dramas, currently reading Girls The Wilds (I believe is a manwha) and watch EYK on youtube because it's a fun way to get a lil insight in to Korea.

Scroll to see replies

Right on dude!
What do you know about K-POP?
Not Korean though, unfortunately.
Reply 2
rai rai narai .......
Reply 3
Original post by inachigeek21
Right on dude!
What do you know about K-POP?
Not Korean though, unfortunately.

Yay! Hey!
I don't know much about K-Pop. I know that I like it lol
First K-Pop song I listened to was Electric Shock by F(x). Since then, I've listened to quite a few of there tracks aka they are my fav k-pop group lol. Other than that, I kinda know Girls Generation, B.A.P., Shinee, 2ne1, Zelo, Orange Caramel and Super Junior.
What about yourself?
Reply 4
Original post by mrkl
rai rai narai .......

Erm... Pardon?
Oh wow, my friend and I are doing the exact same thing next year haha. Ours is mostly K-POP reasons though haha. It's cool you are also doing the same thing :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Behindtheleakycaul
Oh wow, my friend and I are doing the exact same thing next year haha. Ours is mostly K-POP reasons though haha. It's cool you are also doing the same thing :biggrin:

Yea... I totally get that. tbh, that's gonna be one of my highlights. I'm gonna bring K-Pop back with me! I am not 100% sure why my friend wants to go but who cares! We're doing it!
Where/when are you planning on going?
Original post by steadmusic
Yea... I totally get that. tbh, that's gonna be one of my highlights. I'm gonna bring K-Pop back with me! I am not 100% sure why my friend wants to go but who cares! We're doing it!
Where/when are you planning on going?

Same here! We are planning on going next October as it gives us time to save up, and we are staying in Myeongdong as apparently that is a really good shopping district! What about you :smile:?
Reply 8
Same here! We are planning on going next October as it gives us time to save up, and we are staying in Myeongdong as apparently that is a really good shopping district! What about you :smile:?

I have no idea :curious: to both lol
For now, we're on early stages. We confirmed we're going and now looking in to where to go/accommodation. Apparently, we wanna go all inclusive lol. We'll see how that pans out. ^_^ But I'm guessing, mid to late 2015 too.
I have no idea :curious: to both lol
For now, we're on early stages. We confirmed we're going and now looking in to where to go/accommodation. Apparently, we wanna go all inclusive lol. We'll see how that pans out. ^_^ But I'm guessing, mid to late 2015 too.

My friend and I have been planning for quite a while, which is why we have most of that stuff sorted haha! Inclusive is a good idea, I don't speak the language at all so it's easier to be inclusive so you know how to get from the airport to the hotel, and things like that! It's exciting though :smile:
My friend and I have been planning for quite a while, which is why we have most of that stuff sorted haha! Inclusive is a good idea, I don't speak the language at all so it's easier to be inclusive so you know how to get from the airport to the hotel, and things like that! It's exciting though :smile:

Y'all got the jump on us. So you if you make it there first, you can tell me all about :smile:
I don't speak the language but I thought I should try to learn how to at least read it. TRY!! :erm:
Reply 11
Erm... Pardon?

Listen, watch, learn.

Chuno ...
Original post by mrkl
Listen, watch, learn.

Chuno ...

I'll check it out.
Reply 13
I'll check it out.

Hold on to your socks boy. It will be your life for the next 10 weeks or whatever.

Grab some tasters from YT
Original post by mrkl
Hold on to your socks boy. It will be your life for the next 10 weeks or whatever.

Grab some tasters from YT

Ha! Okay lol
If I ever have the money for it, I'd visit Seoul, or move to Seoul...forever..

Lol I'm a huge fan of everything South Korean too! E.g. I've most likely seen more k-dramas than an average Korean lol new old you name it...
I love Kpop, Big Bang is my fav though
Original post by jalebii
If I ever have the money for it, I'd visit Seoul, or move to Seoul...forever..

Lol I'm a huge fan of everything South Korean too! E.g. I've most likely seen more k-dramas than an average Korean lol new old you name it...
I love Kpop, Big Bang is my fav though

Haha! Sweet! Big Bang... I think I've heard of them. Any song suggestions?
Any drama suggestions. I've seen Heartstrings and Marriage Not Dating.
(edited 9 years ago)
anneyong!

I like Kpop I dont listen to it much anymore though :frown:

My favourite is Big Bang (Typical) I love K-dramas my favourite one of all time is boys over flowers even my boyfriend likes it and he hates kdrama. I like secret garden, 49 days & you're beautiful these are all quite old 2009-2012 as I haven't had much spare time to watch any since the birth of my daughter:smile:
Original post by vickidc18
anneyong!

I like Kpop I dont listen to it much anymore though :frown:

My favourite is Big Bang (Typical) I love K-dramas my favourite one of all time is boys over flowers even my boyfriend likes it and he hates kdrama. I like secret garden, 49 days & you're beautiful these are all quite old 2009-2012 as I haven't had much spare time to watch any since the birth of my daughter:smile:

So, erm... You're doing it wrong. Surround your babe in K-Pop and Korean stuff from now loool
But that's cool. Think I'll YT Big Bang.
Have you seen the Microsoft advert where they use 2ne1's "I am the best".
I got excited because it's K-Pop and the fact they are breaking the rules about product advertising but as the song is in Korean, no one knows lol
It's just I have to stream on my computer any kdramas netflix dont have any (which is really annoying)
So, erm... You're doing it wrong. Surround your babe in K-Pop and Korean stuff from now loool
But that's cool. Think I'll YT Big Bang.
Have you seen the Microsoft advert where they use 2ne1's "I am the best".
I got excited because it's K-Pop and the fact they are breaking the rules about product advertising but as the song is in Korean, no one knows lol

It's just I have to stream on my computer any kdramas netflix dont have any (which is really annoying) and it's a hassle getting hdmi cable and playing it then the dvd costs about £30-40 each one as you have to import it.

Latest