The Student Room Group

Job Interview help, Costa, river island, waitrose

Im
(edited 9 years ago)
dress smartly for all the interviews, e.g. black trousers and a shirt

see which job will offer you the best package, i.e. at interview ask things like what hours you will get, is there overtime, what is the pay and then consider things like do you want to stay and progress at the company and where is it located
Original post by Willw1
Im

I had a Christmas temp job in river island last year and had an interview with waitrose the same day I had the river island interview..
River island
The interview process was pretty fun. There were about 20 of us in a room and they split us into groups of 4.
My group had one to one interviews with the manager first. They were simple interview questions like "why river island?" and "when was the last time you overcame a challenge or worked as a part of a team?".
Next we had to go out onto the shop floor and pick out an outfit for a celebrity that they chose for you - Mine was Sharon Osborne. You must make sure to choose an age appropriate outfit and it must be "in" at the moment.
The last part was a group activity. We had to answer questions from a sheet of paper as a group while the interviewer/manager watched us..
I had a phone call a few days later to say I had the job.

They ask for you to wear something that "represents river island" so look what they have online and choose something that they think is "in" at the moment. Don't go too overboard though and you don't have to wear any of their clothes so don't worry about any of that.

Waitrose
It was another group one, about 10 of us with two interviewers. We had to do loads of group activities and then answer questions in front of the group (such as if you could take anyone for dinner, who and why?). We also had to tell them what we knew about their business which was hard because we had to say a different fact to the last person and I was last.. I didn't do well at all in this part of the interview. We then all had 1 to 1 interviews where they basically said I lived too far away as soon as I walked into the room.. Needless to say, I didn't get that job.

f you need any advice on the interview stages of either or job itself in river island, don't be afraid to ask or mail me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending