The Student Room Group

Do real men get bullied?

If you are bullied is it because you are strong or weak?

This is more to do with bullying in work, or possibly uni. NOT IN SCHOOL.
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel

I keep trying to rep you at every available opportunity to erode all that red.
Reply 2
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel

Neither. The problem is with the bully, not the victim. Quit with the 'real' men crap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KavRS
Neither. The problem is with the bully, not the victim. Quit with the 'real' men crap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Harrassment and discrimination is illegal in the workplace, it's all there under the Health and Safety at Work Act, 1974. The consequences for a manager (in particular) found to be bullying a subordinate are mind-blowing. You get sacked for bullying, you won't ever work again, at least not in a serious job. You could lose your mortgage, your livelihood, be unable to feed your kids...become homeless... the risks are endless.

Yet despite these risks, a manager still has the gall to bully you (for example). So he obviously doesn't think there are any repercussions to bullying you - despite the life-changing risks I have just laid out above.

This clearly means he thinks you are weak. This is not just bullying, not just goading, but practically p***ing in your face. He wouldn't do that to anyone he thought might expose him.
(edited 9 years ago)
Real men don't worry too much about being 'real' men.
Reply 5
What is a "real" man as opposed to a fake man?
Original post by Kaiju
What is a "real" man as opposed to a fake man?

Big penis
Fit bird
Never cries
Good at footy

You kno wot I mean Bruv?
Original post by KavRS

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Fry_Cook_of_Doom
Real men don't worry too much about being 'real' men.

This.
Reply 8
Just because you're defined by gender binaries and stereotypes, OP, doesn't mean we all are.

Quick Reply

Latest