The Student Room Group

Additional Accreditation for Law??

Is this important for a Law Degree? I like the look of Law with a language at Leicester as an insurance choice but it says there is no additional accreditation... I don't know what this is and if it is something I should look for? :s-smilie:

I would like to do the LPC after uni, is it something to do with this?
Reply 1
Original post by blackwid0w
Is this important for a Law Degree? I like the look of Law with a language at Leicester as an insurance choice but it says there is no additional accreditation... I don't know what this is and if it is something I should look for? :s-smilie:

I'm not entirely certain this is what you're looking for but for a law degree to be qualifying and therefore allow you onto the LPC it needs to be an LLB or you'd have to do the GDL for a year to then allow you access to the LPC.
Reply 2
Original post by Wattsy
I'm not entirely certain this is what you're looking for but for a law degree to be qualifying and therefore allow you onto the LPC it needs to be an LLB or you'd have to do the GDL for a year to then allow you access to the LPC.

It is an LLB though that's why i'm so confused :s-smilie: It's accredited by the SRA but it doesn't have additional accreditation
Reply 3
It is an LLB though that's why i'm so confused :s-smilie: It's accredited by the SRA but it doesn't have additional accreditation

Then I'm sorry but I can't help any more. I'm not at all familiar with what additional accreditation a law and language course could have.

What is means is that the course doesn't count as a preliminary to becoming qualified as a lawyer in the foreign jurisdiction.

Compare law with a language at Leicester and Strasbourg with the double maitresse at Leicester and Strasbourg which allows you to take the examinations to become a French lawyer.

http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/law/undergraduate/llb-law-maitrise-double
Reply 5
Original post by nulli tertius
What is means is that the course doesn't count as a preliminary to becoming qualified as a lawyer in the foreign jurisdiction.

Compare law with a language at Leicester and Strasbourg with the double maitresse at Leicester and Strasbourg which allows you to take the examinations to become a French lawyer.

http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/law/undergraduate/llb-law-maitrise-double

But there are some straight Law courses that give additional accreditation, like Manchester's... It can't mean the same for Manchester's if it has nothing to do with a foreign language, surely?
But there are some straight Law courses that give additional accreditation, like Manchester's... It can't mean the same for Manchester's if it has nothing to do with a foreign language, surely?

Please provide a link to what you are referring to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending