The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Phalanges
I dunno, I seemed to miss learning how to cook somewhere along the way... (I only ever have to cook on weekends, and even then I invariably burn something)

Baby steps phalanges, baby steps :yes:
Bslforever
Baby steps phalanges, baby steps :yes:

I cooked salmon and noodles the other week perfectly. Proudest moment of my university life, without a shadow of a doubt (which probably says a lot about my academic success :colondollar:).
Phalanges
I cooked salmon and noodles the other week perfectly. Proudest moment of my university life, without a shadow of a doubt (which probably says a lot about my academic success :colondollar:).

Hah either that or your salmon was phenomenal.
Are these good a-levels to take?

Maths
French
Biology
Chem
Physics

also thinking of doing EPQ (extended project qualification) which i think counts as an extra AS level... but not so sure about the workload..

by the way i might drop phsyics after AS level
elliemedgal

Maths
French
Biology
Chem
Physics

also thinking of doing EPQ (extended project qualification) which i think counts as an extra AS level... but not so sure about the workload..

Sounds pretty good to me :smile:

If you can handle it then go for it :biggrin:
Reply 965
Uni's ask for a 'rigorous' third subject at A level.

Would Business Studies count? Along with Chemistry and Biology.
Reply 966
Doctogan
Uni's ask for a 'rigorous' third subject at A level.

Would Business Studies count? Along with Chemistry and Biology.

Yes.

If in doubt, e-mail individual universities.
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Sounds pretty good to me :smile:

If you can handle it then go for it :biggrin:

yeah thanks... workloads is why i'm not sure :s-smilie: but i think i'd regret if i didn't at least TRY
elliemedgal
yeah thanks... workloads is why i'm not sure :s-smilie: but i think i'd regret if i didn't at least TRY

Well like you said, you can always drop the least important one.

Good luck :smile:
elliemedgal

Maths
French
Biology
Chem
Physics

You MIGHT drop physics after AS? .. so you might not? Doing 5 A levels isn't sensible imo; 5 ASs is tough, but definitely possible :smile:
RoadWarrior
You MIGHT drop physics after AS? .. so you might not? Doing 5 A levels isn't sensible imo; 5 ASs is tough, but definitely possible :smile:

no, i might not.. i guess i'll just see how i get on with it at AS and whatever my two physics teachers' opinions are once i've done AS... like if I get A/A* then i'll consider carrying on... if i don't, then i won't

thanks for advice though :biggrin:
Reply 971
My current A level choices are Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Geography and Psychology.
I'm thinking now, after advice, to drop Psychology and just have the four so I can concentrate on getting higher grades in those.
So do you think Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Geography is a good combination for Medicine?
Jooodie
My current A level choices are Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Geography and Psychology.
I'm thinking now, after advice, to drop Psychology and just have the four so I can concentrate on getting higher grades in those.
So do you think Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Geography is a good combination for Medicine?

Sounds fine to me. I did geography :smile: It was Higher but the unis didn't seem to mind.
Reply 973
I am away to do medicine in Aberdeen starting this year, and I was wondering how much of the Advanced Higher Chemistry course will be in a medical degree?

Hopefully not much, as I am really not doing well with it!
Not much specific crossover no.
Hi all, my friend was wondering what A levels to take with a veiw to studyin medicine thanks.
chemistry biology, and the other 2 doesnt matter as such, just pick 2 you want. A very small minority of unis (i.e. some oxbridge colleges) want bio, chem, and maths.
Reply 977
I'd say biology chemistry maths, and a contrasting one such as English, History or a language.
Reply 978
gildartz
chemistry biology, and the other 2 doesnt matter as such, just pick 2 you want. A very small minority of unis (i.e. some oxbridge colleges) want bio, chem, and maths.

Why 4 A-Levels? most unis just require 3.
reyaz01
Why 4 A-Levels? most unis just require 3.

well yeah, but from the way the OP structured his post, I assumed he meant AS levels. If he meant the full A-levels then he would have said A2.

Latest

Trending

Trending