The Student Room Group

What To Do???

hey...
i dont really knmow anything bout university courses and stuff like that but wanted to know..when u actually get into a uni..are you still flexible enof to switch courses and stuff like that??
what im sayinf is..i wanna do law..for sure..but law with something else...im considering law with finance as an option..but am not sure about the finance part..if i dont like it later on can i switch to something else linked with law?

And! was wondering..should i just take law for undergrad as a course and then later on add on some other course..like finance as i jus said..or should i enter with law with finance as a course? haha...im so confused..!

need to know all this fast cuz im starting to apply for universities!!!
Reply 1
Well what do you want to do when you're older? If you're hoping to go down the solicitor/barrister route considering the competitiveness of such options pure law may be considered more favourably. That's not to say people on combined courses wouldn't be well off, but you'd be a bit specific. If you applied for a legal job that involved finance you'd be well suited, but then other places may prefer other applicants who did straight law.

As for changing, I believe most unis let you swap after a year.
Reply 2
ok ..i'll tell u what i wanna do in future..it goes like this..me having become a lawyer..maybe at first join a firm where i become the financial lawyer for that firm or something like that...or i start my own firm...consultants like...and other firms come to me with their fiancial legal problems and ask me to represent them...do get what im trying to say...well i know this is what i want to do but i dont know what i have to do in between to get to this and how demanding that will be in future..
so gimme some points..what course do u think is suitable for this? and shud i go with a double degree or some with pure LLB first and then specialize in something like finance.
Reply 3
Do an LLB then do an LLM in Finance Law.
Reply 4
if you do a BA in law then 1/3 of ur yearly credits can be taken doing any subject u like. how's that for flexibility.
Reply 5
thats is flexible..what do u mean by unis give you a year to switch...you still havta pay da tution fees n all that rite..
Reply 6
and do all universities give you an option to expand into any field i want>?..for example if i jus take LLB for now...and then later on i specialize in finance law...would all the unis offer me that course or i havta see whether unis even have that as an option?
Reply 7
Do some research of your own.
Reply 8
haha..i am..but its quite tough to make out which ones offer and which ones dont..

Latest

Trending

Trending