The Student Room Group

Help! Fridge Dilemma

Hey :smile:
So I have a shelf in the fridge I`ve been using since the start of uni, but its always looked empty since Im only in uni for few days so I only keep one or two things there. Now someone else has started putting their food there and today they also put their label. (I kept a label on the shelf but its really tiny and falls off sometimes). I dunno what to do now, I dont wanna come across as mean and tell them to move their stuff. Plus I dont know who it is! Please help!
Make your label bigger and stickier so they can see clearly it's yours and maybe they'll move their stuff without there having to be an awkward discussion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by aristocats_
Make your label bigger and stickier so they can see clearly it's yours and maybe they'll move their stuff without there having to be an awkward discussion

Posted from TSR Mobile
but theyve already stuck their label and put their stuff :frown: Im not good in awkward situations!
Original post by Mav455
but theyve already stuck their label and put their stuff :frown: Im not good in awkward situations!

Can't you just move your stuff to another free shelf and put a proper label on there?
Reply 4
Original post by emilywood1098
Can't you just move your stuff to another free shelf and put a proper label on there?
I dont think thers any other free shelves we`re two months into the year, I`ve been using this shelf since then.
Original post by Mav455
I dont think thers any other free shelves we`re two months into the year, I`ve been using this shelf since then.

It is a bit weird that if you've been using it all this time, someone else would suddenly use it. I don't think you'll come across as ****ty or mean if you ask about it, you are all supposed to share that space and someone can't come along and take that.

You said they put their label on there, but you don't know who it is, what does their label say then?
Reply 6
Original post by emilywood1098
It is a bit weird that if you've been using it all this time, someone else would suddenly use it. I don't think you'll come across as ****ty or mean if you ask about it, you are all supposed to share that space and someone can't come along and take that.

You said they put their label on there, but you don't know who it is, what does their label say then?
It just says their room number, but that room isnt on our floor, so im a bit confused...
Sigh...First world problems.:colonhash:
Reply 8
Rip the label off and grow a pair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
you say that you are only in uni a few days a week. do you go home on the other days this may be the problem try staying for a week (Monday-Friday) and just go home at weekends the other people in your hall may feel like they don't really know you stay for the weekdays and try to integrate with them that may help then you could ask (nicely) if people could stop putting stuff on your shelf.
If you don't put a lot of things on it, then why can't you just share the shelf with them? How does them using unused space affect you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by arguendo
If you don't put a lot of things on it, then why can't you just share the shelf with them? How does them using unused space affect you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I decided to leave a note saying that they are welcome to share with me. Its not the space its just I didnt want it to become the kind of situation where theres no space at all for me lol
Reply 12
Original post by New- Emperor
you say that you are only in uni a few days a week. do you go home on the other days this may be the problem try staying for a week (Monday-Friday) and just go home at weekends the other people in your hall may feel like they don't really know you stay for the weekdays and try to integrate with them that may help then you could ask (nicely) if people could stop putting stuff on your shelf.
I know most of the people but I think this person is new as they live on a separate floor and I havent met them yet. Plus my mother wouldnt let me stay a week lol, shes already worried Im staying for a couple of days!
Why can't you share? I've never had my own shelf!
I had this issue with a freezer draw! I just removed all of my flatmates things from my draw and put them in other draws, they havent done it since :smile:
Just ask your flatmates about it politely. If you explain that you're a little confused with the fridge arrangements because you've been using this shelf since the beginning but someone's put their stuff on it, I'm sure you'll be able to figure out the problem and figure out who's doing it. It could be a honest mistake or maybe someone in the flat has been left with no fridge space and it'd be a good idea to rearrange so everything's fair. I always think it's better to approach people with minor issues like this than start arguments by moving people's stuff or going all crazy.
Original post by Mav455
I know most of the people but I think this person is new as they live on a separate floor and I havent met them yet. Plus my mother wouldnt let me stay a week lol, shes already worried Im staying for a couple of days!

wow that's a little harsh but you are an adult and she has got to cut those apron strings and let you fly does she have trouble letting go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending