The Student Room Group

OCR AS Chemistry quantitative titration practical

Hi, I have my practical tomorrow and don't know what I can do to prepare. I have done some practise mole questions but still don't feel prepared enough.

Do anybody have any tips that might help?

Thank you!
Tips : Do a rough titration really quickly, get the value then slowly drip nearing to the value on your next attempts. Also, write out the equation and balance the reaction equation, then you will have an idea of what result to expect.

good luck!
Original post by alex.ashby
Hi, I have my practical tomorrow and don't know what I can do to prepare. I have done some practise mole questions but still don't feel prepared enough.

Do anybody have any tips that might help?

Thank you!

I have mine too aswell soon, I got told to not leave the funnel ontop of the burette during the titration as you loose marks for this.
Reply 3
Original post by chickensthatfly
Tips : Do a rough titration really quickly, get the value then slowly drip nearing to the value on your next attempts. Also, write out the equation and balance the reaction equation, then you will have an idea of what result to expect.

good luck!

Thank you!
Hey, did you do yours today? I did mine
Original post by GemmaLucas
Hey, did you do yours today? I did mine

Hey what was the titration of?
Reply 6
Original post by billsminaj
Hey what was the titration of?

Have you done it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tcameron
I have mine too aswell soon, I got told to not leave the funnel ontop of the burette during the titration as you loose marks for this.

Yeah never leave a funnel on top of a burette haha, liquid from the funnel can drip down into the burette after you've measured the volume out, which kind of spoils things :smile:
hey can you guys tell me what sort of questions came up and the calculation and does the acid go in the burette or conical flask also did you have to make up your own standard solution and table
Original post by madz12345678
hey can you guys tell me what sort of questions came up and the calculation and does the acid go in the burette or conical flask also did you have to make up your own standard solution and table

calculate moles, working with ratios converting weights
thanks i think i did horridly as i ran out of time but the moles calculations were ok i guess :smile:
I have this practical on friday...the mole calculations dont get too fancy do they?
My teacher taught us reverse titrations in case it came up..and it isnt straight forward so hoping the coursework is nothing like that!
Original post by Shalini771
Can anyone tell me what will i need to revise for the ISA. We have been told that we have detemine concentration of sulfuric acid.

revise moles and how to work out the moles or concentration from your table and make sure u carry out your practical really precisely and revise how to make write in the titration table and how many decimal places you need to round up to as your table and accuracy are worth the most marks.
thanks a lot for your reply. Was the practichal really hard..????
for me it was because the moles calculations were kind of hard and it was hard tobget my titration right because I ran out of time
Have u done the evaluative one? The topic was about enthalpy change of combustion?

no we havent done this as we havent learnt about enthalphy changes have you?
Can anyone tell me what will i need to revise for the ISA. We have been told that we have detemine concentration of sulfuric acid.

My quantitative was the same one:
we titrated a solution of h2s04 you have to dilute yourself with naoh then record results and then did some calculations
just remeber that when you increase the volume of a solution the number of moles within the solution does not change ...The concentration only changes
and theres a final question on calculating mass of limestone needed to neutralise an acidic lake so definately revise ure mole equations and molar ratios stuff
good luck!
Thanks a lot for your reply. Okay sp basically it just about revising moles equations n stuff right? Have u done the evaluative ISA about the enthalpy changes?

Yup that's all u really need to revise
and nope haven't done evaluative yet...dreading it :/
I know i am tensed as well. This is my last chance for evalutive so have to do my best on it. So when r u doing it any idea?

Not sure
doing qualitative next
so I might do it mid march
Oh cool! So what is the topic of ur qualitative one?

No idea...but I've read on tsr it may be on copper sulphate teSt's?
I could only help you with quantitative because I've actually done it :smile:
Original post by RuqayyahAli
No idea...but I've read on tsr it may be on copper sulphate teSt's?
I could only help you with quantitative because I've actually done it :smile:

Oh okay, no problem. But thanks for your help.😊😊😊

Quick Reply

Latest