The Student Room Group

ASK SLC About Repaying Your Student Loan

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Renata C
Hi! My name is Renata! Just have some questions about my grant. I've already received the letter with the loan approval, but I didn't receive any letter about my maintennance grant. I will start the term on jan/2015. Is that normal? When I will have any news about my grant? Can you check for me, if possible, please?! Thanks

Hi Renata,

Please contact SFE for information on your grant.

Thanks
Original post by polarek222
Hello, last year the household income was ove 43K so i could not get a grant, however this year my dad has moved out and i only live with my mum, she has 25K a year, does that mean the houshold income for this year is 25k and i will be eligable for the grant next year?

Hi There,

Please contact Student Finance England for this information.

Thanks
Original post by cookie2207
Hi

You need some documentation from me to support an application for deferment for an old student loan from 1998 i.e proof I'm at uni and a copy of my NHS bursary I am in receipt of. I can't post it as I don't have any money at all for an ink cartridge to print my enrolment receipt, my bursary is delayed so I have no money at all so I can't buy a stamp, and I can't call as my phone doesn't let me call 0845 0800 or 0300 numbers! Do you have an email address I can attach the documentation I have? Thanks.

Hi There,

Sorry, we don't have an email address.

All information should be sent by post.

Thanks
Original post by bittersweet16
Hi SLC,

I started a degree in 2011, paying 3K each year as this was under the old system of tuition fees. However, I started a PGCE this year and am now paying 9K tuition fees. As I've taken out loans from both systems of tuition fees, I was wondering how my repayments would work? I hope this isn't a tricky question haha.

Thanks a lot!

Hi There,

The repayment process for both will be the same and will be 9% of income above the lowest income threshold which applies. Please see the website for further information.

http://bit.ly/1djXNav

Thanks
Original post by louc87
I have a student loan from 2010 for my BSc and a student loan in 2013 for a PGCE tgey both have different terms and conditions. I have started repaying one of them, will I at some point be paying both at the same time?

Hi There,

This will depend on your income.

If your income is between £16,910 and £21,000 repayments will be made against your 2010 loan.

If your income is over £21,000 then repayments will be made against both your loans.

Please see the website for more information.

http://bit.ly/1djXNav

Thanks
I have recently had an intercalation approved by UEA and I was wondering how much loan & grant will I have to pay back? I left on the 29th October which was before the tuition fee cut off but I just wasn't sure how much I need to pay back. Thanks.

Aisling
Original post by Ashkelly95
I have recently had an intercalation approved by UEA and I was wondering how much loan & grant will I have to pay back? I left on the 29th October which was before the tuition fee cut off but I just wasn't sure how much I need to pay back. Thanks.

Aisling

Hi There,

Once your university has advised SFE, you'll be re-assessed for the time you spent at your course and will be required to repay any overpayment.

Any loans that you're entitled to you won't start repaying until your earning over £21,000.

Thanks
Original post by SLC Official Repayment Adviser
Hi There,

Once your university has advised SFE, you'll be re-assessed for the time you spent at your course and will be required to repay any overpayment.

Any loans that you're entitled to you won't start repaying until your earning over £21,000.

Thanks

Thank you. Will I receive a letter or email to let me know about this? My accommodation money has just been credited so hopefully they should contact yourselves soon.

thanks
Original post by Ashkelly95
Thank you. Will I receive a letter or email to let me know about this? My accommodation money has just been credited so hopefully they should contact yourselves soon.

thanks

Hi There,

Yes, we'll send out a new entitlement letter to you. You'll also be able to view this on your online account by clicking the link "view correspondence" link.

Thanks
Reply 29
Hello, may I ask you a question? Hypothetically, if I had taken a loan to cover my tuition fees in a UK university and then left the UK to come back to work in my country (I am a EU resident), how would the repayment procedure work?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 30
hello i have a question too
i just checked my account and apparently i am on both plan 1 and 2.
do i need to wait until april 2016 to repay plan 2's loan? can i repay plan 1 and 2 in one lump sum right now?
thanks
Reply 31
If I were to withdraw from my course just after I have received my maintenance loan and grant how would the repayment work. Would it be immediate or will it be when I am earning over 21,000. Also I will be starting my first year at a different university in september so will withdrawing affect next years student finance?
Hi can u help answer the following query regarding student loan.
For the first year 6.6% was charged to my daughter student loan and then 5.5% for the second year. I understand that interest is applied at 3% +RPI so where does 6.6 and 5.5 come from?
Your explanation would be appreciated
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Kwai Chan
Hi can u help answer the following query regarding student loan.
For the first year 6.6% was charged to my daughter student loan and then 5.5% for the second year. I understand that interest is applied at 3% +RPI so where does 6.6 and 5.5 come from?
Your explanation would be appreciated

RPI is variable and is recalculated by the government annually.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending