The Student Room Group

The Sony Playstation Society V

Scroll to see replies

Looking for more people to play Destiny with, PSN: Iridann

Enjoying House of Wolves quite a bit, gonna be sucking up the bungie comments and buying taken king I reckon.
Original post by NaTaLiiA513
It's been speculated that Uncharted 4 has the best graphics on PS4 so far.

A bit irrelevant but it seem that Uncharted is more popular than Rise of the Tomb Raider (It's a timed XBOX exclusive)

From what we've seen, it does. The Order 1887 also looks fantastic. That is the best looking game I've played on PS4 so far.

Probably, yeah. Tomb Raider has been going on longer, but this new series isn't really like the old Tomb Raider. Uncharted is now an 8 year old IP. One of Sony's most successful and made by their best studio. You know you will get top quality from Uncharted.

Original post by Iridann
Looking for more people to play Destiny with, PSN: Iridann
Enjoying House of Wolves quite a bit, gonna be sucking up the bungie comments and buying taken king I reckon.

I play mostly PvP with my clan these days, but you're welcome to add me. NathanW18. We do raid occasionally, but we have everything from both raids. Kind of gotten bored with PoE.

From what we've seen, The Taken King looks quite good. The new subclasses look amazing. The pricing annoys me, but I know I will buy it when the release date gets closer.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lustawny
You a Peter Capaldi fan, by any chance? I like him too :tongue:

Is it that obvious?! Haha.
I am indeed. He's great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by EverybodyLies04
Is it that obvious?! Haha.
I am indeed. He's lovely.

Yeah, your PSN ID kinda gave the game away, since I've seen that particular episode of Doctor Who before :lol:

I'm a huge Doctor Who fan, and I think Peter Capaldi makes for a splendid Doctor indeed!
Hey everyone, take a look at my thread, i want to know what you want to see from my trip to the playstation media event happening next week!
Original post by NathanW18
From what we've seen, it does. The Order 1887 also looks fantastic. That is the best looking game I've played on PS4 so far.
Probably, yeah. Tomb Raider has been going on longer, but this new series isn't really like the old Tomb Raider. Uncharted is now an 8 year old IP. One of Sony's most successful and made by their best studio. You know you will get top quality from Uncharted.

Tomb Raider was amazing at the beginning. It went downhill at Guardian of Light imo but it improved slightly in Legend (my favourite) and Underworld which, I think, was the last release before the reboot. Tomb Raider stopped for a while and in came Uncharted. Uncharted seems to me like the Tomb Raider everyone wanted. The first Reboot of Tomb Raider didn't do well in sales as Square Enix hoped it would do. This also means that there is a chance that the next Tomb Raider won't do as well (again, an XBOX timed exclusive) which is stupid imo because the Tomb Raider serious really kicked off on Playstation before XBOX.
Reply 566
Just finished the story of Lego Marvel Superheroes. Easy game, trophies look to be easy too if you don't mind putting the hours in. The story wasn't bad to be fair. I probably will try another Lego game, but next up is likely to be Battlefield Hardline or Project Cars.

Posted from TSR Mobile
PSN is down again. Sigh.
Reply 568
Anyone up for Rocket League on the weekend? Looks a really fun game
Journey's going to be cross-buy when it comes to PS4. :biggrin:
Started playing Rocket League earlier. I love it, it's so good
Reply 571
PS Plus for August:

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4)
Limbo (PS4)
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
Sound Shapes (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
CastleStorm Complete Edition (PS3, PS Vita)
God of War: Ascension (PS3)
Original post by dhr90
PS Plus for August:

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4)
Limbo (PS4)
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
Sound Shapes (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
CastleStorm Complete Edition (PS3, PS Vita)
God of War: Ascension (PS3)

Happy about those bolded :smile:

Especially GOW - it stops me buying III Remastered for now :tongue:
Reply 573
Seems we might soon be able to vote for one of each months PS Plus offerings: http://www.gamesradar.com/ps4-vote-free-games/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GuppyFox
Happy about those bolded :smile:

Especially GOW - it stops me buying III Remastered for now :tongue:

You should be even more happy about LIMBO :tongue: (unless of course you've already played it, which I have). Great month, all in all!

Hmmm.... on the face of it this is good news, but I'd be a bit concerned that voting by 'the masses' with little appreciation of the nature of the games might distort things. See the typical complaints about 'indie' games...

If Grow Home didn't win the vote from that placeholder, it would be somewhat criminal...
Original post by Illusionary
You should be even more happy about LIMBO :tongue: (unless of course you've already played it, which I have). Great month, all in all!

Hmmm.... on the face of it this is good news, but I'd be a bit concerned that voting by 'the masses' with little appreciation of the nature of the games might distort things. See the typical complaints about 'indie' games...

If Grow Home didn't win the vote from that placeholder, it would be somewhat criminal...

No I've never played it, indies are very hit and miss with me as I either love them (rogue legacy, steamworld dig, olliolli) or hate them (bastion, badland, guacamelee). I'll give it a go though!
No I've never played it, indies are very hit and miss with me as I either love them (rogue legacy, steamworld dig, olliolli) or hate them (bastion, badland, guacamelee). I'll give it a go though!

You hated Guacamelee! ?
Original post by Illusionary
You hated Guacamelee! ?

I've tried it 3 times on PS3, PS Vita and PS4, it just never clicked with me!

Fair enough - at least you tried it. Personally, I loved the game!

Same, it just felt aimless and boring to me :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest