The Student Room Group

Is there a good US to UK study abroad programme?

Hi! I'm a US high school student (a junior or 11th year). I've been looking to study abroad in the UK in the next year, but I'm not quite sure what programmes are available. Google's been of little help, and there's no one I know offline who has been able to give me good information. I was wondering if anyone had heard of programmes that might work?
(I am also considering a UK university in the future, if that does anything.)

Specifics:
I'm an International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme student, so I can study at any IB school and be up-to-speed.

After this academic year completes, I will have taken all of my American university requirements, so there is no issue with having to take unavailable tests (i.e. ACT, SAT, etc...). I have scored a 33 on my ACT.

I have also taken 5 AP courses. My scores and tests are the following: US Government (5), US History (4), World History (4), BC Calculus (3), and Statistics (4).

My Grade Point Average (on a 4.0 scale) is about 3.9.
Original post by jemmamusic
Hi! I'm a US high school student (a junior or 11th year). I've been looking to study abroad in the UK in the next year, but I'm not quite sure what programmes are available. Google's been of little help, and there's no one I know offline who has been able to give me good information. I was wondering if anyone had heard of programmes that might work?
(I am also considering a UK university in the future, if that does anything.)

Specifics:
I'm an International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme student, so I can study at any IB school and be up-to-speed.

After this academic year completes, I will have taken all of my American university requirements, so there is no issue with having to take unavailable tests (i.e. ACT, SAT, etc...). I have scored a 33 on my ACT.

I have also taken 5 AP courses. My scores and tests are the following: US Government (5), US History (4), World History (4), BC Calculus (3), and Statistics (4).

My Grade Point Average (on a 4.0 scale) is about 3.9.

The majority of UK universities will have a page regarding international applicants. Which take your fancy? For example, UCL (a very highly-rated university, so don't worry about the crazy entry requirements :tongue:) ask for 54444 in AP. Warwick (a decent university too!) require at least 444 in AP. So I'd visit each website of the universities you're interested in and find their 'international admissions' page. :smile: Good luck!

By the way, if you want to find a course, I recommend the UCAS (UK Universities Admissions) website and also the Which? University guide.

Quick Reply