The Student Room Group

Help please

Please whoever is reading this I am in need of great help.
My family applied for Canadian immigration and our Canadian visas have arrived.
The biggest problem i am facing is regarding my education.
I am from Pakistan and am doing first year of A-levels.
But due to the immigration my family has to move to canada by 9th January.
Will I have to attend highschool in Canada? And will I be able to join it in January or August?
Also is it possible that I don't immigrate to Canada and complete my A-levels?? Will this action ban me from Canada?

Please reply, if you have been in a similar situation please do reply, I beg of you. I really need help
Original post by fatehastobe
Please whoever is reading this I am in need of great help.
My family applied for Canadian immigration and our Canadian visas have arrived.
The biggest problem i am facing is regarding my education.
I am from Pakistan and am doing first year of A-levels.
But due to the immigration my family has to move to canada by 9th January.
Will I have to attend highschool in Canada? And will I be able to join it in January or August?
Also is it possible that I don't immigrate to Canada and complete my A-levels?? Will this action ban me from Canada?

Please reply, if you have been in a similar situation please do reply, I beg of you. I really need help

I'm not sure how old you are but in most countries you have to stay in education until a certain age. You can check online for Canada's policy with education, if you are of or above the school/education-leaving age for Canada then no you will not HAVE TO attend school there but if you want to you still can by applying through your new local council.

You can join whenever is suitable, I'd guess that you would start in January being as if not you would miss a lot of education.

Quick Reply

Latest