The Student Room Group

TSR’s 'most helpful' contest: £20 a day up for grabs

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kittiara
I used to welcome newbies (and should do so again, as I am on the Welcome Squad), but yeah, people began to just do copy-and-paste jobs welcoming newbies whilst I'd spend ages on typing out personalised responses and including relevant links for them. Whilst I'm sure those were still helpful (which is what it's about), it got a bit tedious.

I'm going to put it towards a Christmas present for my boyfriend, I think. Even though he hasn't got a clue what he wants yet :rolleyes:.

Yeah I don't think that copy and paste jobbies are a good idea, they're too generalized!

I'll personalize my welcomes (when I welcome people on my main account) except for if I know absolutely nothing about the subjects studied (in which case I leave it) or if they just warrant a general reply.

I should get back to welcoming; I did a maximum of 75 welcomes in a month, though the last few months I have been inactive!

That's a good idea. If I win, I'll probably save it for something I want to buy. :smile: :thumbsup:
Original post by princechromey
Yeah I don't think that copy and paste jobbies are a good idea, they're too generalized!

I'll personalize my welcomes (when I welcome people on my main account) except for if I know absolutely nothing about the subjects studied (in which case I leave it) or if they just warrant a general reply.

I should get back to welcoming; I did a maximum of 75 welcomes in a month, though the last few months I have been inactive!

That's a good idea. If I win, I'll probably save it for something I want to buy. :smile: :thumbsup:

I've been inactive as well :colondollar:. I know I should be welcoming newbies for the sake of welcoming newbies, but any competitions place quantity over quality, and that made me feel like my efforts were a bit fruitless. Why should I spend ages creating individually tailored posts when it's really a numbers game?

I hope you win a round so that you can treat yourself :smile:.
Reply 62
Is there any leaderboard to reference to?
Original post by Nasyr
Is there any leaderboard to reference to?

Yeah, it's in the first post of this thread :smile:.
I've been inactive as well :colondollar:. I know I should be welcoming newbies for the sake of welcoming newbies, but any competitions place quantity over quality, and that made me feel like my efforts were a bit fruitless. Why should I spend ages creating individually tailored posts when it's really a numbers game?

I hope you win a round so that you can treat yourself :smile:.

I tend to notice that, with site wide competitions, it is usually done based on quantity. There was one a few months ago where if you posted in a particular section of the site, you were entered into a draw to win a prize. In the end the people who posted the most were the winners, myself included. :smile:

In my opinion, with regards to the Welcome Squad, so long as you can do 100 welcomes per month (thus getting the subscription) then it's more about putting in the quality as well :smile:

And thanks, let's hope I do! :smile: Usually with TSR competitions I try as hard as I can :smile:
Ooh sounds like a great idea
Original post by shooks
And, the first winner of our unanswered threads competition is...

Kittiara :biggrin:

Kittiara answered 54 unanswered threads yesterday - including helping a lot of people who were looking for flatmates or somewhere to live in the Find a Flatmate forum.

Congrats to you, Kittiara. Keep up the thread answering, everyone, and let's see who tomorrow's winner will be...

[URL="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?filter[type]=thread&filter[replyCount]=0&filter[date]=[NOW-168HOUR%20TO%20*]&filter[-forumid]=69&sortby=date+desc"]Jump straight to the unanswered thread list

Congrats Kittiara! :woo:

Can you find out how many points I scored yesterday please? :smile:
Original post by sarcasmrules

I can't get onto the database now - but I'll try to look for you tomorrow. :smile:

It would be interesting to add a daily leaderboard, to see how many posts each person has posted - any ideas for the future?
Is there a tool that we can use to find threads with no comments?
Original post by Sarah78615
Is there a tool that we can use to find threads with no comments?

There is a link in the OP.

And in any forum in the top right box there is a link to unanswered threads in that forum.

I'd also like to know how many points I scored too, if possible. I know I got a lot of rep, but unfortunately a lot of rep won't buy Tiny Tim a Christmas turkey.

Thank you! :smile: And good luck today! I have answered far fewer threads today, so I'm curious who the winner will be.

Can you find out how many points i scored as well? thanks :smile:
It's time to announce the winner of yesterday's unanswered threads competition and, with 31 threads answered, the winner is...

Kittiara!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

That's two in a row for Kittiara - congrats to you. Can anyone catch her?

By popular request, the top 10 thread answerers are below.

Don't forget, the competition continues today and over the weekend. Results for Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be published on Monday morning. Based on yesterday's results, if you can manage to answer more than 30 unanswered threads in a day, you're in with a great chance of winning. Good luck everyone.

10 13 'Top for November 2014

(edited 9 years ago)
Congratulations once again Kittiara! :smile: :happy2:

Kittiara
Congratulations! Two in a row! :smile:

facepalm .....:diep:

lol .... congrats :smile:
Original post by shooks
It's time to announce the winner of yesterday's unanswered threads competition and, with 31 threads answered, the winner is...

Kittiara!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

That's two in a row for Kittiara - congrats to you. Can anyone catch her?

By popular request, the top 10 thread answerers are below.

Don't forget, the competition continues today and over the weekend. Results for Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be published on Monday morning. Based on yesterday's results, if you can manage to answer more than 30 unanswered threads in a day, you're in with a great chance of winning. Good luck everyone.

10 13 'Top for November 2014

No way! Thank you! I thought that as I answered fewer threads, I'd never win! Thank you! :smile:

Thank you! :smile:

Original post by GandalfWhite
facepalm .....:diep:

lol .... congrats :smile:

Hahaha thanks! :tongue:
I dont understand, I answered many yesterday. And 'unanswered' posts on that list some of them have already been replied to.
No way! Thank you! I thought that as I answered fewer threads, I'd never win! Thank you! :smile:

Thank you! :smile:

Hahaha thanks! :tongue:

So another £20 to spend! :biggrin:

I'm going to have a go myself over the weekend... see if I can win :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending