The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've applied to Salford Uni for 'Biomedical Sciences' and have already received an offer for it :smile:
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Original post by Bruno26
I've applied to Salford Uni for 'Biomedical Sciences' and have already received an offer for it :smile:

Congratulations! :biggrin: Do you think it's going to be your firm choice? :h:
Reply 3
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

I don't think so :confused: Because my 'Firm' choices were between: Swansea, Liverpool, and Newcastle and my 'Insurance' choices were between: Aberystwyth and Salford (incase I don't get the grade and as a back up).

It was really unexpected to get an offer from Salford, as my personal statement wasn't directly to 'Biomedical Sciences'. It was towards 'Genetics'; so I thought I'd get an instant rejection from them. And literally just about 2 minutes ago, I received an offer from Aberystwyth. So far, I'm liking the sound of Salford as an 'Insurance' :biggrin:

If I don't get any offer from my firm choices - then Salford will probably be my 'Firm' :wink:
Reply 4

Also Thank you! :biggrin:
Original post by Bruno26
I don't think so :confused: Because my 'Firm' choices were between: Swansea, Liverpool, and Newcastle and my 'Insurance' choices were between: Aberystwyth and Salford (incase I don't get the grade and as a back up).

It was really unexpected to get an offer from Salford, as my personal statement wasn't directly to 'Biomedical Sciences'. It was towards 'Genetics'; so I thought I'd get an instant rejection from them. And literally just about 2 minutes ago, I received an offer from Aberystwyth. So far, I'm liking the sound of Salford as an 'Insurance' :biggrin:

If I don't get any offer from my firm choices - then Salford will probably be my 'Firm' :wink:

That's brilliant news! You must be thrilled. :h: Fingers crossed for the others! :crossedf: Have you applied for genetics for the others? :h:
I applied to study Physics at Salfords, I got an email 2 days ago with an offer.
I'm leaving this as a backup case along with UoM Foundation year.

My other Uni options were: QMUL, QUB, NTU, UoM Foundation year and Salford.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I applied to study Physics at Salfords, I got an email 2 days ago with an offer.
I'm leaving this as a backup case along with UoM Foundation year.

My other Uni options were: QMUL, QUB, NTU, UoM Foundation year and Salford.

Congratulations on your offer! :woo: Which one is your firm choice do you think? :h:
Reply 8
That's brilliant news! You must be thrilled. :h: Fingers crossed for the others! :crossedf: Have you applied for genetics for the others? :h:

Thank you! :smile: Yes, I've applied to Genetics for Swansea and Liverpool and Cellular and Molecular Biology for Newcastle :smile: :smile:
Congratulations on your offer! :woo: Which one is your firm choice do you think? :h:

I'm planning on putting Physics at QMUL as my firm choice since I live in London. As-well as considering to put Physics at QUB as my Insurance. I'll just have to play the waiting game and see If I get any Offers/Conditional offers. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
already applied and have my offer..accomodation issue be bugging me though
Sent my application to my college on Monday, just waiting for my tutor to attach my reference. I'm applying for Adult Nursing
Reply 12
I applied for Children's Nursing at Salford. I sent my application of about 4 days ago so still waiting to hear back. :smile:
Got a offer for Mech Engi like 3 days after I applied :3
Reply 14
Hi, I have applied to Salford Uni for Aircraft Engineering and PPL studies and already received an offer letter.
Also applied to City University London, Brunel University and South Wales University and received offer letters. Dont know what to do now and who to make my firm choice :biggrin:

Ill appreciate to get to know some one who is studying the same subject in Salford Uni so can ask few things. I like to make Salford Uni my firm choice but need to become sure of my decision :smile:

Thanks Guys :smile:
Reply 15
got my offer alreaadytanyone knows where postgrad accomodationb is? how is it?
anybody starting January 2015 for postgradution?
cheers
colin
Reply 17
am starting in Feb:rolleyes::redface:
Original post by Eve.M
am starting in Feb:rolleyes::redface:

That's cool . Where are you from Eve ? And why didya choose salford ?😊
Reply 19
am from Kenya,and i chose it cz of the course i wanted to do. Environmentall Assessment n Management.... Plus I preferred on on doing some research

Latest