The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Teesside University applicants for 2015 entry

So, who's applying for Teesside? What will you be studying? :h:

Here's a link to Teesside stalking/connect page : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/connect/university/teesside_university

:h:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Mental health nursing if I can get through my access course argggg !!!

As a 34 year old male this learning is scary stuff :frown:
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Reply 2
Adult Nursing applied and have interview 10th dec :smile: so scared.

What college are you doing access course at Andyc54 ?
Reply 3
Sunderland college, Washington site :smile: which college are you at? Did you apply long ago? I've just finished my ucas application, dreading the outcome if I don't get in all the hard work for a year will be for nothing.
Reply 4
Im in Middlesbrough at Middlesbrough College and applied for Teesside Uni sent my application off 30th oct and got reply about 4-5 days later offering interview. I know what you mean im 36yrs old and feel the same sick with worry and all hard work for nothing if don't get in. Which universitys you applying for just Teesside?
Reply 5
Yeah teesside and Northumberia but teeside is my first choice. Its so much to learn and fit in with working aswell, stressed to bits lol
Reply 6
it is isnt it. You doing access on an evening? I do mine on evening and with work anf family life its a lot to fit in but I love it really enjoying it.
Reply 7
Yeah 2 evenings. Not really enjoying it tbh but after Christmas is psychology and biology so looking forward to them
Reply 8
same I do monday and weds evening. We started biology 2wks ago. It will get better I'm sure and its a means to getting to uni hun. Im sure u will do brilliant. Good luck when sending application off.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Cheers I really hope so loads have dropped out and I can see why. Good luck with your interview let me know how you get on :smile:
Reply 10
I've applied for the Computer Games Art course and I've already received an offer. I am SO happy that Teesside accepted me! I can't wait for September 2015!!! :excited:
Reply 11
Congratulations I bet your chuffed to bits :smile:
Reply 12
well done ncbiro :smile: what a relief knowing you have a place I bet.
Reply 13
Really Andyc54....think 1 or 2 on ours have dropped out not sure on day time courses. That's the worrying thing when you think of all the other classes and colleges and all the people applying for potentially same course as you. If we get in how good is that though out of thousands of applicants.
Reply 14
Thanks so much Andyc54 and MrsTea! I hope your interviews will go fabulously and you'll get accepted as well. Btw, I noticed that both of you are mature students as well. I am a 31 year old woman myself. XD

MrsTea, you said you lived in Middlesbrough; may I ask your opinion on the town? I heard so much good, and far more bad stuff about it. I don't know what to believe.
I am not an outgoing/nightlife person. I do not care about the nightlife, and I generally tend to avoid going out after dark. I am planning to rent a terraced house alone, so no sharing accommodations, and not on the campus. I do not have a car, and currently I live in a huge city (Budapest, Hungary), so I am not easily shocked about seeing druggies or dog poop on the street.

My main question would be, should I worry about my personal safety (i.e. should I worry about being attacked on the street, mugged, etc)? Or the safety of my home/house?

Any insight you might offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance, and sorry to bombard you with so many question. Naturally I understand if you do not have the time to reply. :smile:
Reply 15
Were under half the class already since middle of September. The number of people applying per nursing place is frightening they get thousands for 240 places in all 4 branches.
I know middlesborough has had problems but I don't think it's as bad as it was.
Reply 16
Hi Ncbiro and not at all if I can help I will. I have lived in Middlesbrough al my life and its like everywhere it has its good and bad areas. I myself don't care about nightlife and stuff anymore but it is a good little town with everything local that you will need right on your door step. There is plenty of buses to get you about and the cost of living is a lot cheaper than in a city area. I would say you are no more in danger here than anywhere else yes we have druggies the same as any other bad or good areas but you will be fine honest. One thing that Middlesbrough is really good for and anywhere in the North East of England really is that everyone is so friendly compared to some areas. You will make some great friends for life here im sure.
I have 2 young children and Middlesbrough is no different to anywhere else. We have great parks, museums lots of things to offer you im sure. :wink: x
Reply 17
God that's a lot of students left isn't it. How many of you started. Think there was about 50 of us and got about 48-49 I think not 100% on that mind. I know shocking isn't it 1000's apply and so many let down. They have a sept and jan intake though so im hoping I get in on either really sept preferably though.
Reply 18
MrsTea and Andyc54, thank you so much for your opinions!

Many thanks for the details MrsTea.
I am very glad to hear that it's no worse than anywhere else. :smile: I generally keep my nose down and out of trouble, so I doubt I'll be crossing paths with less savory people.

I am greatly looking forward to going to Teesside, and meeting the people of Middlesbrough. Friendliness is something I am always looking for and I am so happy to hear that I am headed for a town that has this trait in abundance.

Thanks again so much! :biggrin:
Reply 19
Our class started at about twenty but there's 4 part time nursing access courses going at once so not sure how many dropped out of them aswell. I'm not to worried if I get put back a year to start as I've got a decent job any way. One girl has a place already as long as she passes biology !!

Quick Reply

Latest