The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

De Montfort University applicants for 2015 entry

So, who's applying for De Montfort next year? :smile: What will you be studying? :h:

Scroll to see replies

Meee! Ive applied for electonic engineering (MEng) and already recieved an offer :biggrin:

You?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
hey there, I am going to apply for biomedical science.Hope to get place here in DMU
Reply 3
Journalism. Was at the open day today, it was brilliant
Reply 4
i'm applying for Biomed too! Application's been acknowledged just waiting for a reply lol
Original post by sianhopkins
Meee! Ive applied for electonic engineering (MEng) and already recieved an offer :biggrin:

You?

Congratulations on your offer! :biggrin: You must be thrilled :smile:

Original post by Subexhha
hey there, I am going to apply for biomedical science.Hope to get place here in DMU

Exciting, have you had an offer yet? Where else are you applying to? :biggrin:

Original post by haiderrb
i'm applying for Biomed too! Application's been acknowledged just waiting for a reply lol

Have you had an offer yet? :h: Is DMU your top choice? :smile:
Original post by ckelly11
Journalism. Was at the open day today, it was brilliant

That's awesome to hear! :biggrin: Have you applied yet? :h:
Reply 7
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
That's awesome to hear! :biggrin: Have you applied yet? :h:

My UCAS will arrive at the university by Thursday hopefully, I've applied to DMU
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
So, who's applying for De Montfort next year? :smile: What will you be studying? :h:

I've applied as an insurance choice, I just love the look of Leicester as a city and the De Montford campus (as well as their DMU Global initiatives). Hoping to study English & History joint.
Reply 9
Original post by carabethh
I've applied as an insurance choice, I just love the look of Leicester as a city and the De Montford campus (as well as their DMU Global initiatives). Hoping to study English & History joint.

The city's social events for students particularly freshers is what I'm slightly nervous about. Nobody has hyped it up
The city's social events for students particularly freshers is what I'm slightly nervous about. Nobody has hyped it up

I've found most of the criticism has come from groups of students on TSR personally. Speaking to people who I know have both attended either university or generally gone out in the city, I've only heard good things. I was a bit worried about that too though, even though looking at the freshers fayres for both universities this year it doesn't look bad at all!
Reply 11
I've found most of the criticism has come from groups of students on TSR personally. Speaking to people who I know have both attended either university or generally gone out in the city, I've only heard good things. I was a bit worried about that too though, even though looking at the freshers fayres for both universities this year it doesn't look bad at all!

I've heard the student union is alright, and hearing that above seems more reassuring, I just hope there's a wide range of events
I've heard the student union is alright, and hearing that above seems more reassuring, I just hope there's a wide range of events

Me too, I'd hate to be bored. The O2 Academy sounds like a good addition though.
Reply 13
Me too, I'd hate to be bored. The O2 Academy sounds like a good addition though.

Most definitely and the shopping centre is apparently great. Not many people from my school will be going which is a huge plus, fresh start. Also everybody I ask seems to love the accommodation side of things too, which also convinces me
(edited 9 years ago)
Most definitely and the shopping centre is apparently great. Not many people from my school will be going which is a huge plus, fresh start. Also everybody I ask seems to love the accommodation side of things too, which also convinces me

Definitely need a fresh start too, but it's also the ideal distance from home for me! The shopping center looks perfect, bit scared for my student loan though with the temptation:s-smilie:

The accommodation looked great when I visited, I'm such a clean-freak so fewer people in a kitchen is a real benefit for me:colondollar:
Reply 15
Definitely need a fresh start too, but it's also the ideal distance from home for me! The shopping center looks perfect, bit scared for my student loan though with the temptation:s-smilie:

The accommodation looked great when I visited, I'm such a clean-freak so fewer people in a kitchen is a real benefit for me:colondollar:

how far is it from home? 2 hour drive for me, and how many are in the flat, I didnt get a chance to see. I'm quite messy so dont mind too much :smile:
how far is it from home? 2 hour drive for me, and how many are in the flat, I didnt get a chance to see. I'm quite messy so dont mind too much :smile:

About 1 & a half to 2 hours for me, or £22 return train with a single change. Saying that, I've totally forgotten and I'm suddenly not sure I'm thinking of the right kitchens:colondollar: Either way, the accommodation looked of a good standard, and a friend of mine stayed there last year & apparently found the halls very pleasant (as well as the people).
Reply 17
No problem, I'm sure it will accomodate me fine! I hope not to return home much either, desperate to move out of my city and meet (hopefully) some pleasant new flatmates. Best part of university arguably
I've applied for DMU and I've also got an offer already!

I am studying Advertising and Marketing Communications :smile:
Original post by BrianOblitey
I've applied for DMU and I've also got an offer already!

I am studying Advertising and Marketing Communications :smile:

I've had an offer for that course too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest