The Student Room Group

Summer Internship Abroad (2015)

Hi guys,

I'm finishing university next May and looking for an intership/volunteering role next Summer before (hopefully) starting a graduate job in September.

Is anyone else looking to do something similar? Or have you got any experience of doing this in the past?

I've been looking extensively, particularly China but I think I've had to price myself out of that one due to the program cost.

Any feedback,experience or helpful links would be greatly appreciated!
Hi! I went for a short internship last summer break with the company that is sponsoring my education. It's a real eye-opener for my course which is law as i was exposed to a lot of cases because it's a multinational firm. They even brought us to the high court several times and allowed me to sit in for their client meetings and discussions. I would definitely advise you to seek for an internship but if you are able try to undertake one that has something to do with the field you're interested in pursuing. Because for me, it was definitely an assurance as i was exposed to life as a lawyer behind the appearances for fancy tv chows like suits etc. It's also a good way to fins out if you really have passion for that course because if your eyes are on the clock every 5 minutes, yearning for time to go home when youre there, then it's a clear sign whether youre suited for the job/course or maybe the work just isnt what youre expecting.

Btw, two of my brothers are working in shanghai. For foreigners, most of them teach english when they are there because it pays really good!! haha

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Suggestion to anyone thinking about China internships - Go direct for FREE an pay no third party company. See here:

http://chinainternshipreviews.wordpress.com

Quick Reply