The Student Room Group

Got interview at morrisons

Scroll to see replies

What department are you on ?

I know that we had an induction over the weekend just gone and they are starting from today. Training is normally done with your department manager and they will go through everything that you need to know about the department. Training will of course be different for each department that you are going on.
Original post by nottreece
What department are you on ?

I know that we had an induction over the weekend just gone and they are starting from today. Training is normally done with your department manager and they will go through everything that you need to know about the department. Training will of course be different for each department that you are going on.

Im on groceries. Oh i see!
Just slag off tescos and you'll get the job.
With groceries, it is pretty straight forward, it is just like putting things on the shelves, stock rotation, date checking and then facing up. This will not require as much training as compared to some of the other departments such as the food handlers.

Your manager should go through all of this with you so you should be alright :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by nottreece
Hey Guys,

I have worked for Morrisons for 2 years as a student so I am able to help with any questions that people have in regards to the supermarket.

My Interview was just me and the personal manager going through the application form and then just some basic questions about scenarios that you might come across. It is very basic and simple so you should be alright. I know that Morrisons are quite desperate to employ to I would have thought that the time they take to reply would be quicker than normal. I know someone who had an interview on a Sunday and they found out on the Wednesday.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask :smile:

I'm applying as a student but only during the summer and I study about 3 hours away, so what do I do during term time? Do they reduce my hours and then I pick them up when I'm back home or do I have to leave and apply each summer? Last job I had was working for my mum's friend so it was much more like "Can I have a job please when you have one going? Sure!"

Oh and I'd be on FFPP if that helps!
At our store they do not offer a contract which would allow you to come back the following year in summer. The only way that you can keep your job I think is by transferring to a store near uni.

I hope that this helps
I just went through the internet stage yesterday, they asked me questions related to customer service. I don't know when I ll hear back. will they notify me if i am unsuccessful ? :frown:
how long does it take to get a call back after the interview. i just gave an interview on friday and waiting desperately for the call. Will they let me know if I am unsuccessful?
Reply 28
Original post by Sabrina123122
how long does it take to get a call back after the interview. i just gave an interview on friday and waiting desperately for the call. Will they let me know if I am unsuccessful?

it took me couple of days untill i heard back
Reply 29
Original post by Sabrina123122
I just went through the internet stage yesterday, they asked me questions related to customer service. I don't know when I ll hear back. will they notify me if i am unsuccessful ? :frown:

Hey

I am applying for Morrisons and have been invited to do an online test
Did you do that? I am confused on how to answer the questions...they give you 3 answers and you have to allocate points? I am super confused?
Reply 30
Original post by Imran_Ali
it took me couple of days untill i heard back

Hey did you do the online test? I am confused with the whole allocating points thing/ Do you choose the last circle to the answer you agree with most or can you choose two answers for one question?
Original post by Imran_Ali
Hiya guys,

I got interview at Morrison tomorrow i was just wondering what kind of question will they be asking me, and will they tell me if i have got the job on the same day or will they ring me and tell me. :smile:

Thank you,

Hope to hear from you soon :smile:

Has anyone else had an interview at Morrison please could you tell me what i would expect for tomorrow.

They might ask what sort of hats you wear or even what your hat size is. They were very concerned about this when I interviewed.
Reply 32
Original post by EmperorTortoise
They might ask what sort of hats you wear or even what your hat size is. They were very concerned about this when I interviewed.

What area do you work in?
Reply 33
Hi, I’m a sixth form student and just got a reply from Morrison’s asking me to attend an assessment centre for an interview- there will be a competency based assessment, a group assessment and a discussion about ‘market street products’ - anyone have any idea what they might ask/ want us to do ? Thank u x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending