The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kaziz
I think most of us will have similar concerns. I'm currently looking at general q's and thinking of how I can incorporate examples. Although you don't want to sound too rehearsed I think it's better to have an answer than to try to come up with one on the spot...

Yeah that sounds like a good way to go about it:smile:
Original post by HopefulDentist..
Saaaame! And I keep feeling like the February lot are the less preferred candidates:redface:

I can assure you this isn't true. I know one of the admissions ladies as I held an offer with Plymouth last year and she assured me there is no preference to candidates merely the fact they do not have the capacity to interview all within the time frame! Less candidates in feb but no preference!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Guys 2 questions; 1- What even is the DBS form - has it been sent in the original email they sent us?
2- Where is appendix B? Is it after the appendix A bit?

Thanks in advance :biggrin:
Reply 83
Original post by Asfoi
Guys 2 questions; 1- What even is the DBS form - has it been sent in the original email they sent us?
2- Where is appendix B? Is it after the appendix A bit?

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

1. The DBS form should have came in the post.
2. Yes it should be on your email, I just printed it off.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wanted to say...STAR WARS TRAILER IS EPIC
Reply 85
Original post by nikhil95
Just wanted to say...STAR WARS TRAILER IS EPIC

Yes, yes and yes!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by karrar247
1. The DBS form should have came in the post.
2. Yes it should be on your email, I just printed it off.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I didn't recieve anything in the post from them, is it a lengthy form to fill out? I'll just ask them to email it to me. And okay sound, so appendix B is the very bit in the document?
Reply 87
Original post by Asfoi
Oh I didn't recieve anything in the post from them, is it a lengthy form to fill out? I'll just ask them to email it to me. And okay sound, so appendix B is the very bit in the document?

How do you even know your interview date man? That comes in the post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
How do you even know your interview date man? That comes in the post.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I phoned and she told me. Really annoyed they didnt send me any of the relevant documents in the post. How long is the dbs form and what do u have to include? I hope she can email it to me when I ring up tomorrow
Reply 89
Original post by Asfoi
I phoned and she told me. Really annoyed they didnt send me any of the relevant documents in the post. How long is the dbs form and what do u have to include? I hope she can email it to me when I ring up tomorrow

Its like a proper official form, you can't print it off or anything I don't think :/
Reply 90
Its like a proper official form, you can't print it off or anything I don't think :/

Oh ffs this is such a pain. I'll just have to tell them to send it somehow.
Reply 91
Hi,

Got my plymouth interview on the 3rd, just wondering if anyone has any tips for the interview or any knowledge on what it is going to be based mainly on?

Thanks!
Original post by AnishaJayne
I can assure you this isn't true. I know one of the admissions ladies as I held an offer with Plymouth last year and she assured me there is no preference to candidates merely the fact they do not have the capacity to interview all within the time frame! Less candidates in feb but no preference!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for telling me that, honestly its so reassuring!!:biggrin: okaaay I see, phew!
Does anyone know if the dental school uses PBL (problem based learning) methods in the dental degree??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Original post by AhhBisto
Does anyone know if the dental school uses PBL (problem based learning) methods in the dental degree??

Posted from TSR Mobile

They use EBL. All the info is on the website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 96
Do you guys know what 'appendix form B' is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amar96
Do you guys know what 'appendix form B' is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Appendix A is on the A206 Interview info booklet form attached to the email. Appendix A is one page.

The document following Appendix A is Appendix B.....they just forgot to label it!

Hope that made sense?
Reply 98
Original post by Pink balloon
Appendix A is on the A206 Interview info booklet form attached to the email. Appendix A is one page.

The document following Appendix A is Appendix B.....they just forgot to label it!

Hope that made sense?

Ohhh okay thank you! I thought that was part of appendix A this whole time haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
So what are these all the things we need to bring to the interview ?

* the disclosure & barring service form sent in the post
* the filled out email they sent us
* two identity documents
* GCSE / A-Level / IB Certificate

If I miss anything out let me know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest