The Student Room Group

Secret Santa

So my friends and I decided to do secret santa and I am in charge. There are 15 of us, and of course there are some issues between people in our group.
Two people despise each other
Some are not as close with each other etc etc
How can I sort this out when it comes to picking out the names so that everybody will be happy? D:
(edited 9 years ago)
You can ask them to pick out another name if they have a good reason for not wanting the current person. (What we did anyway)
OR, you can talk to them individually and it could be a good way for you guys to get to know each other 'and' possibly like each other!
If you are in charge, you could simply assign the names - rather than choosing randomly. It might be less fun for you, but at least you know no-one will be upset.
Original post by imaunicorn
So my friends and I decided to do secret santa and I am in charge. There are 15 of us, and of course there are some issues between people in our group.
Two people despise each other
Some are not as close with each other etc etc
How can I sort this out when it comes to picking out the names so that everybody will be happy? D:

Hi,

perhaps rig the secret santa. make sure the people who don't like each other don't get each other. For the people who are really close, they can get each other something outside secret santa.
good luck
This was a similar situation to one I was in. What I did was ask each person to choose a name from a box and if they were not happy with the person/they didn't get along then they return the name to the box and choose a different one. This worked fine and everyone was happy. Or take out the name of the person who does not get on with the person choosing a name so they cannot get them?

Hope this helps, let me know if you need to know anything else :smile:
This year me and my friends did our secret Santa through an online service, as we really wanted to do the draw but since we're all on placement we don't see each other as often.

On the one I used it had an option to make sure for example 'Partners can't draw each other'
If you did used an online service, (I think most, if not all of them are free) you could probably set it up so X person cannot draw Y person.

I used this website: https://www.drawnames.co.uk/online-secret-santa

Quick Reply

Latest