The Student Room Group

Fashion and Management/Marketing undergraduate course - HELP

Hello,

I am currently in the process of completing my UCAS app and I haven't fully completed the section for 'Choices' and 'Statement'. Basically can I apply for a Fashion and Management OR Fashion and Marketing undergraduate course with my personal statement being about business management and my interest for fashion? :confused: Won't Fashion and Management would already include marketing anyway? Also, my tutor at college has geared her reference for me towards business management would that be alright?

Sorry if I've not made any sense, it's my first thread and currently stressed about which University to apply for :dots:

Thanks! :smile:
There will always be a few applicants that cater for two subjects in their personal statements, but you're lucky as the two subjects do relate very well. I applied to Fashion Marketing and just Fashion Design courses, with my personal statement aimed at fashion marketing and my tutor stated I wanted to study Fashion Marketing - but I've received invitations to submit digital portfolios for two just Fashion Design courses, so I think I was quite subtle with the marketing information in my personal statement. But then again I have received an offer and two interviews from the Marketing courses I've applied for.

Ultimately you should be fine in mentioning areas of both courses, maybe look up the modules and see what you can mention that is common across all the courses you're applying for, it worked for me!

Good luck. :smile:
Reply 2
That's awesome! Congratulations on receiving your offers! :smile: I suppose it's worth a shot to choose the Unis which offers Fashion Management/Marketing. Thanks again :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest