The Student Room Group

TSR Time Capsule: write your future self a note

Write your future self a note (your aims, ambitions, what you're doing currently - anything), forget about it, then come back to it in a year's time to see how your life has changed.

Scroll to see replies

Dear Future Me,

Dec just got engaged, so it's unlikely when you read this back that you will be engaged to either him or Prince Harry. Still, that's no reason to spend your days on TSR/the Internet.

I hope by the time you read this you'll be able to go out alone, you'll (finally) be at Nottingham university, and you won't have severe eye strain.

Sincerely,

Me
Dear future me,
This mental illness is driving everyone I love away from me, apart from the one man I love. My guy, he has been here for me through thick and thin, and still shows no sign of leaving. He's the ONLY one who understands, even though he can't feel how much this hurts he still does his best to understand.
I've applied for university now, I guess in a year's time we'll see which one I'm in, I really hope it's Nottingham, that would be sweet. But, I guess Leicester and De Montfort are good too, I'm begging for it to be any of those three.

Right now my A2's are going pretty darn well! Was a huge struggle at first, but my performance is now even better than it was at AS and I'm averaging at a B grade, I really need to keep this up to get into Nottingham, God I hope this is going to happen.
As for my family.. I'm struggling to get along with Mum alot, I love her to pieces and it's so hard to even think that our strong relationship has weakened, but I guess some things happen for a reason :/ All I need to do is hang on until September and all will be OK. Well, I hope so anyway.
All I need is myself, my boyfriend plays a huge part in my happiness though. <3

My aim for the next 5 years to do well. As in get rid of my illness, or at least make it a little better. I also want to get a first or a 2:1 degree, and I want to do really well in my A-Levels to get into Nottingham. I also want to focus on my relationship with Richard and everyone else in my family, I want everyone to be proud of me.

Thanks Me :smile:
Dear future me,

I hope you will have become a handsome hunk and have a wife and two children, and your depression will be long over.
Dear future me,

Work hard in your last year but enjoy it as it's the last year without responsibility. If you haven't, start looking for graduate jobs.

Remember to have fun and chill out often.

If you've not found a boyfriend then **** it, let's just accept it's not gonna happen in this area. ;D

Thanks,

Me
Dear future me,

If you found a job in the end, well done! If you didn't, then don't despair. You'll have a beautiful wife in the end, so it's all going to be good :borat:

Thanks,
Me
Dear future me,

It's November, did your plans for the white and then colourful garden work? Have you done the house renovations yet? You know it's been a year already...

How's the painting going? You've just done one full portrait in three hours that you were quite happy with.

Lots of love,

Me
Dear future me,

Remember; cutting your lawn is the same as going back and forth like an argument. No one likes it.

Be good to yourself and to others and always keen an open mind.

And always wear protection. :biggrin:

Me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Dear Future Me,

If you haven't reached +12 rep power by now your life serves no purpose.

Your 1 gem past self,

Me.
Dear Future Marian,

Be brave. Be strong. Don't trust anybody.
I hope you've applied for teaching training by now. :unimpressed:
I hope you're still in your job.
I hope you're not so lonely.
And I hope you're a bit happier. :frown:

Love from Me x
Original post by User1333171
Dear Future Me,

Dec just got engaged, so it's unlikely when you read this back that you will be engaged to either him or Prince Harry. Still, that's no reason to spend your days on TSR/the Internet.

I hope by the time you read this you'll be able to go out alone, you'll (finally) be at Nottingham university, and you won't have severe eye strain.

Sincerely,

Me

Now Prince Harry is engaged with someone called Meghan Markle.
Reply 11
Dear future me, I hope by this time in 2028, you'll be so successful you can forgot about your mum and grandparents. (If both of your grandparents are still alive, that is)
Original post by pinkteddyx64
Dear future me,

I hope you will have become a handsome hunk and have a wife and two children, and your depression will be long over.

Would be nice if everybody who wrote one 3y ago would come back and reflect on their letter
Original post by JMR2020
Dear future me, I hope by this time in 2028, you'll be so successful you can forgot about your mum and grandparents. (If both of your grandparents are still alive, that is)

Oh hello me from the future.
Original post by Captain Jack
Dear future me,

It's November, did your plans for the white and then colourful garden work? Have you done the house renovations yet? You know it's been a year already...

How's the painting going? You've just done one full portrait in three hours that you were quite happy with.

Lots of love,

Me

Original post by HateOCR
Would be nice if everybody who wrote one 3y ago would come back and reflect on their letter

:lol: good shout! I'd forgotten about this!

I've since left The Student Room! I can say that yes the house renovation plans and garden did work out very well! So much I'm now doing that as my job! Not expected...

Painting less well, it's since morphed into garden designing which has become my art.
Original post by Captain Jack
:lol: good shout! I'd forgotten about this!

I've since left The Student Room! I can say that yes the house renovation plans and garden did work out very well! So much I'm now doing that as my job! Not expected...

Painting less well, it's since morphed into garden designing which has become my art.

Amazing!!!!
Dear future me,

Please get into medical school.

Regards,
@HateOCR
😂😂😂
I have made my own Time Capsule Thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5162610#primary_content

I set myself a challenge to reply exactly 10 years later. I don't know if I would make it, but we'll see. If anyone uses TSR in 2028 by any chance, make sure to check this thread out.
Reply 18
Original post by HateOCR

How about another 3 years later, or whenever they might venture back to this little corner of the internet?

@Captain Jack @User1333171 @xxhannahlouisexx @Roving Fish @SecretDuck @Balloon Baboon @Maid Marian @Ukvoltaire @HateOCR
Original post by Reue
How about another 3 years later, or whenever they might venture back to this little corner of the internet?

@Captain Jack @User1333171 @xxhannahlouisexx @Roving Fish @SecretDuck @Balloon Baboon @Maid Marian @Ukvoltaire @HateOCR

Bloody hell! :biggrin:

Original post by Roving Fish
Dear future me,

Work hard in your last year but enjoy it as it's the last year without responsibility. If you haven't, start looking for graduate jobs.

Remember to have fun and chill out often.

If you've not found a boyfriend then **** it, let's just accept it's not gonna happen in this area. ;D

Thanks,

Me

I worked very hard in the final year of my degree - I managed to get a 1st class honours degree. I did get to enjoy it at certain points but art and design degrees are actually really intensive. They squeeze all of your energy!

In terms of a boyfriend - I didn't really start to settle until 2017. Don't go looking for a significant other as if you try to force it, it's less likely to happen.

I stand by remembering to have fun and chill out. If you're going 100mph with your career, life can suck.

In terms of where I am since that post - I graduated in 2016, been through a couple of jobs and I'm a senior designer in regional government. I did a Master's degree on the side over the last few years. I'm currently buying a house. I've been with my boyfriend for coming up to three years. I'm possibly about to do a PhD on the side for a very long time.

Quick Reply

Latest