The Student Room Group

£5 Iceland frozen lobster anyone?

I think I could shell out for £5 at a pinch, but I'll wait for a price cut

You made this thread to receive bad puns, right?
God no, if I'm to eat lobster I'll eat it fresh thank you.
I can imagine that smelling like feet.
for da bantaaaaa yes
Eh, I'd be willing to give it a go for a fiver. I doubt it will be particularly good, but at least it's not reprocessed or water-bloated crap 90% of their meat is, and I love me some lobster.
Rather eat a proper lobster than some frozen junk.
I have to agree, I'd prefer to spend £18 on a lobster (not that I ever do!!)

I await the first TSRling to have tried this and tell us what it is really like! I want photos.
This was in the newspaper recently, some famous chef (not house name but y'know) comparing the supermarkets frozen lobster offerings. Think Lidl\s at 5.99 actually won 5/5 as the best lobster and remarked it was incredibly good for the price. Iceland got 3/5, him saying not quite up to scratch as a centerpiece but for a fiver a good deal for a recipe wanting lobster meat. Waitrose and Tesco both got 1/5 as horrific/inedible.
Original post by Vapor
They've been selling these things year-round in Aldi and Lidl for about the same price.

I've tried them a few times, just chuck em in boiling water for like 5 minutes once defrosted and they're decent.

I think you need to try the Iceland one to compare! :biggrin:

Original post by joey11223
This was in the newspaper recently, some famous chef (not house name but y'know) comparing the supermarkets frozen lobster offerings. Think Lidl\s at 5.99 actually won 5/5 as the best lobster and remarked it was incredibly good for the price. Iceland got 3/5, him saying not quite up to scratch as a centerpiece but for a fiver a good deal for a recipe wanting lobster meat. Waitrose and Tesco both got 1/5 as horrific/inedible.

Blimey, really?! I might have to try this Lidl one.
I've never had lobster before, would love to try it. Not sure if frozen is the best way to go, though - professional cooks swear by fresh produce.
Iceland really is a pile of ****. And their adverts have been an annoying boil on the arse of public television.
Asda used to sell them uncooked for £7. I think I would far rather take that option.
So has anyone tried it yet? Taste alright?
Reply 14
i was in iceland toay and i didnt see this

Quick Reply