Any idea what your A2 grades will be?

Im predicted:
geog-A
chem-B
Music-B/C

I have finally dropped german, although i didnt particularly want to
Reply 3
Geogger
No-one can really whittle them down for you. It depends on the course content and that varies a lot. Just make sure you have 6 which you would be willing to go to and that you have at least 2 'top' ones (ie top of your possible grades) and 2 'bottom ones (ie at the lower end of your grades). The other 2 could go either way, depending on the course.

Yeah i know. Just wondered if there were any in that list that people would say: 'No definately dont go there!!!' type of thing :p:
Reply 4
Why would you want to go to Uni in Bangor?? When I went there it seemed like a complete hell hole!! Apparently Exeter Geog department has been having a tricky few years and is likely to have to release staff, not sure how true that is tho. Portsmouths a really cool place.
Reply 5
sahsum
Apparently Exeter Geog department has been having a tricky few years and is likely to have to release staff, not sure how true that is tho.

The opposite at the moment. Year before last when the chemistry, music and italian departments closed the geography dept lost about 6-7 members of staff and the map library. However now they seem to have found a pot of money somewhere and have started to employ new people. Not as many as they sacked but still its better. One of the down points tho is that some of the lectures are video linked to the Cornwall Campus and can be a bit tricky, but most of these the lecturer is in Exeter and is linked down to UECC. HTH!
Reply 6
Right Ive got to the point where i need 2 out of these 3:
Bangor
Aber
Bath spa
Any ideas?
Reply 7
Geogger
Aber definitely

:five: :ditto:

Aber is a brilliant place to do geography :biggrin: I am loving it here! :biggrin:

I would go with Bangor as well (they have an oceanography research centre).
Reply 8
Aber and Bangor.
Reply 9
i looked at bangor, it was in the smallest town ever, with like 1 pub, the geog department had only been going for like 2-3 years so had not equipment, and the main woman talked for about 3 hours about nothing she put me off the most. so i would say dont put bangor down. bath spa looks alright tho, some of my friends putting it down as back up.
Reply 10
lizzieglover
i looked at bangor, it was in the smallest town ever, with like 1 pub, the geog department had only been going for like 2-3 years so had not equipment, and the main woman talked for about 3 hours about nothing she put me off the most. so i would say dont put bangor down. bath spa looks alright tho, some of my friends putting it down as back up.

Which is why Aber is so much better than Bangor. Our geography department is one of the oldest in the country, we have a LOT of pubs (more than 50 :eek: and we're about the same size as Bangor). Yes we are are small town, but we are surprisingly well-equipped.
Reply 11
To let you all know, I have dropped Bangor off my list...
hedwig

good - was just about to ask why u picked them when thay are asking for ABB - thats ridiculous...
Reply 13
hedwig

Ignore this if uv already def decided, but i went to Bangor to look round n absolutly loved it, obviously its a small town like ure other 3 onees ure choosing from ... the grades arent ABB , they vary loads from like BBC i think :s-smilie:... and it just means that if u miss your grades there likely to take you .. i was going to apply for definate but then i decided it was too far away from home... but my sister boyfriend has just finished his degree at Bangor n moans about not being in Bangor everyday.. it is all quiet funny coz we just laugh at him

Bangor has a better reputation and is high in the league tables , alot higher than Bath Spa, which is kind of a secondary uni... i just thought i better let u no seen as Bangor is kinda gettin slaughtered in here lol ... i loved it anyway .. shame it so far away :frown:

Good Luck on choosing and gettin offers :smile:
x
Reply 14
seriously consider leeds, university of, not the met. verygood degree programme, and s hit hot uni
check out QM
Reply 16
hey aber is a great choice really good, bangor well...was gna apply there bt twn was to small, swansea is a great place my home twn!!! lol was applying for bath spa bt seems to attract older students more and has a lot of grls so if ur a guy then it great bt for us grls nt so great :p:

Latest