The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lee86
it seems like only international students are goin to warwick next year. Not a dig (i have nothing against them) just an observation. am i the only English person going ????
lol...no you're not.

International students are more likely to use an internet message board though...
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
llama boy
lol...no you're not.

International students are more likely to use an internet message board though...

AAHHH good thinking. was getting worried thought i might have to learn some languages in order to make friends :tongue: - learning languages is not a strong point of mine hence - physics student
Reply 3
Since we're on the topic of international students, does anyone know the proportion of Warwick undergraduates from overseas? And does anyone have statistics on which countries the international students come from?
Reply 4
I think every year 700 international students come to warwick. thats not that much, as warwick has a student population of 13,500
Reply 5
BenK
I think every year 700 international students come to warwick. thats not that much, as warwick has a student population of 13,500

Yeah but, only about 3000 people come in each year(undergraduate), so it's a very significant proportion in fact, if 700/3000 are international, that's about 25% or something :redface:
Reply 6
BenK

but that means over 2100 of the 13500 are international and thats like what 16% or so id say that was quite high. ( again not complaining just saying- i have been known to be very 'friendly' :wink: with foreign ladies )
Reply 7
Lepr
Since we're on the topic of international students, does anyone know the proportion of Warwick undergraduates from overseas? And does anyone have statistics on which countries the international students come from?
Not overall, but for PPE there are 35 places for "home" students and 10 for "internationals".

However, anyone from within the EU counts as a home student.
Reply 8
i heard there was something like a 48:52 split male:female
which can only be good :biggrin:
Reply 9
llama boy
Not overall, but for PPE there are 35 places for "home" students and 10 for "internationals".

However, anyone from within the EU counts as a home student.

So about 1% of people in our year will be doing PPE? lol
Reply 10
Well, Warwick's my insurance, but I've only got about a 50% chance of making my first choice (maths with STEP at Cambridge) and wouldn't mind that much if I didn't make the grade as I really like Warwick. And I'm not international (I'm from Leeds!).
Reply 11
Lee86

hmmmmm...i would rather it b the other way round lol :wink: i thought somewhere it said it was the otherway round....oh well, its not THAT big a difference

and i think it was also u who asked whether there r any english peeps going to warwick...well i know there seems to be loadsa international students on this thread but the fact we r all conversing in english means u wont have to learn quite as many languages as u thought :biggrin: also im kinda goin with the assumption that peeps applying to a uni in england will b able to speak at least a bit of english or?!
Reply 12
manutdgurl
hmmmmm...i would rather it b the other way round lol :wink: i thought somewhere it said it was the otherway round....oh well, its not THAT big a difference

and i think it was also u who asked whether there r any english peeps going to warwick...well i know there seems to be loadsa international students on this thread but the fact we r all conversing in english means u wont have to learn quite as many languages as u thought :biggrin: also im kinda goin with the assumption that peeps applying to a uni in england will b able to speak at least a bit of english or?!

you make a good point!
Reply 13
Lee86
AAHHH good thinking. was getting worried thought i might have to learn some languages in order to make friends :tongue: - learning languages is not a strong point of mine hence - physics student
Don't worry so much, at least in my case my English is much better than my Norwegian (a result of going to an international, English-speaking school and having a British step-dad).
Reply 14
Lee86

Actually, its the other way round :tongue: (according to www.unofficial-guides.com anywayz)

Which is good news for us girls... :biggrin:

Btw I'm also another English student... apparently 16% of the entire uni population are from overseas
Reply 15
Linda
Don't worry so much, at least in my case my English is much better than my Norwegian (a result of going to an international, English-speaking school and having a British step-dad).

haha... well, i have no British step-parents, so i do have an accent, but apparently what i write in english sounds way better than what i write in my first language :smile: i guess thats because i usually read english books, newspapers, etc... im not even sure i could write an essay in hungarian lol
Reply 16
hehe I like the news about the ratio of guys and gals. :biggrin:
I think all international students who come over speak good English. If they don't I think they will struggle immensely in lectures.

I dont mind international students. I have a fetish for Swedish, German and Russian boys. :smile:
Reply 17
Lee86
it seems like only international students are goin to warwick next year. Not a dig (i have nothing against them) just an observation. am i the only English person going ????

Actually, Comming from Sweden , and having relatives up in th areas where the sun doesnt rise during the winter (It sometimes peeks over the horison for 15 minutes) I think it will be warmer...
Reply 18
valcandy
hehe I like the news about the ratio of guys and gals. :biggrin:
I think all international students who come over speak good English. If they don't I think they will struggle immensely in lectures.

I dont mind international students. I have a fetish for Swedish, German and Russian boys. :smile:

Ja, men vad trevligt då! :biggrin: Actually, I am Swedish, but I already have a Girlfriend going to Warwick with me ( Linda, Norwegian in case anyone wonders). Otherwise, I quite dont see what Germany , Sweden and Russia have in common :biggrin:
Reply 19
Jonatan
Ja, men vad trevligt då! :biggrin: Actually, I am Swedish, but I already have a Girlfriend going to Warwick with me ( Linda, Norwegian in case anyone wonders). Otherwise, I quite dont see what Germany , Sweden and Russia have in common :biggrin:

Ack, shame you have a girlfriend. JK :tongue: *hides* in case Linda browses this site.

Latest

Trending

Trending