The Student Room Group

Joint honours law and chemistry?

I was heading to go down the science root but recently i've realised that i'd much rather have a career in law or law related jobs (which i believe to be more wide ranging) than science orientated career which would ultimately be boring lab work! However, i still have an interest chemistry and biology and was wondering if a joint honours which exemps me from the CPE is just as well respected ass a staright LLB? If not are there any other combinations whoch are?

Reply 1
Keele may have one as they have a lot of joint degrees.

Lancaster also has a module system so if you do Chemistry you can do Biology and Law too, but you may have to still sit some modules on the CPE. Or you could do Law with Chemistry/Biology modules that way you wont have to do the CPE but you will have less science in your degree.
Reply 2
I know someone who did Law and Chemistry at Bristol. He was interested in both, but wasn't sure what he wanted to do career-wise, so basically decided to give himself some time.
I think sheffield do Law and Chemistry don't they?
Reply 4
yeah thats the course i looked at first, how is he finding it? I wonder if it's better to have a staright course as it show's you really like the subject area or maybe diversity is the key? I know law is very competitive but what's it like on the job market with a law degree, how much more on average would a person with a 2:1 from UCL fair with someone with a 2:2 from newcastle?
The 2:1 person would undoubtedly have an advantage, if you had a 2:1 from newcastle vs a 2:2 from UCL te perceived fact that UCL is a better school will not save you from the fact that you failed to achieve a 2:1, a vital pre-req to a good career in 99% of cases.

Latest

Trending

Trending