The Student Room Group

History dissertation help please

I am currently beginning to write my dissertation and have the question

"How far did the nature of the Nazi party change once in power, 1933 - 1939?"

For my chapters i have 1. How did the lives of people change in nazi germany?
2. How did hitler control Germany?
3. What happened to the jews in Nazi Germany?

However, i am really struggling on finding information on what his thoughts were on these before he came into power. Any ideas and/or input to what i should write about in my dissertation will be a great help, thankyou.
Before he came in to power one of the most prominent resources to find out these kinds of things would probably be Mein Kampf. He wrote it after all and he certainly doesn't hold back when it comes to displaying his opinion of these matters.

A good example of this would be his views on would would eventually turn in to the Anschluss. He talked about how he viewed it for the people of Germany and how it would change their lives as well as looking at it from a Political aspect.

In terms of the Jews well it isn't exactly hard to find an example of that in it. As well as this it might not fit in with your dissertation but the way in which Nazi policy changed temporoarily during the Berlin Olympics was also quite interesting, especially their stance towards the Jews.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lauracramb
I am currently beginning to write my dissertation and have the question

"How far did the nature of the Nazi party change once in power, 1933 - 1939?"

For my chapters i have 1. How did the lives of people change in nazi germany?
2. How did hitler control Germany?
3. What happened to the jews in Nazi Germany?

However, i am really struggling on finding information on what his thoughts were on these before he came into power. Any ideas and/or input to what i should write about in my dissertation will be a great help, thankyou.

Given the question, you should perhaps consider issues within the party...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending