The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield Physics - applicant open days

Does an invitation to this mean I have an offer? It says so in the email, but I'm not sure as to when this will be made official - is it after the open day?
Original post by StarvingAutist
Does an invitation to this mean I have an offer? It says so in the email, but I'm not sure as to when this will be made official - is it after the open day?

I got a letter like that when I applied to the maths department-a few days later my offer had gone on UCAS but it will vary from case to case. I doubt they'll wait until after the open day, though.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by mscaffrey
I got a letter like that when I applied to the maths department-a few days later my offer had gone on UCAS but it will vary from case to case. I doubt they'll wait until after the open day, though.

Right, well I got the email 2 weeks ago.. I guess I'll just have to wait. It said that in an on the open day the conditions of my offer will be discussed - I guess this implies I will have to wait until then :s-smilie:
Right, well I got the email 2 weeks ago.. I guess I'll just have to wait. It said that in an on the open day the conditions of my offer will be discussed - I guess this implies I will have to wait until then :s-smilie:

Oh, well you will probably have to wait then. There's a chance they'll give you an offer with lower conditions if they're seeing you face to face-that's sometimes what happens once universities have had the security of talking to you. I don't know how Sheffield's physics department works, but hopefully it'll be good news :smile:
Oh, well you will probably have to wait then. There's a chance they'll give you an offer with lower conditions if they're seeing you face to face-that's sometimes what happens once universities have had the security of talking to you. I don't know how Sheffield's physics department works, but hopefully it'll be good news :smile:

Yeah, hopefully it's a good thing! I'm guessing that any offer reduction will depend partly on the interview (not sure how formal this is though.. do you know?)
Yeah, hopefully it's a good thing! I'm guessing that any offer reduction will depend partly on the interview (not sure how formal this is though.. do you know?)

It's generally an informal interview when it's part of an open day, especially as you've already had the email talking about an offer. I think its main purpose will be to see what grades they're going to ask from you.
It's generally an informal interview when it's part of an open day, especially as you've already had the email talking about an offer. I think its main purpose will be to see what grades they're going to ask from you.

Right, okay :smile: thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending