The Student Room Group

Applying to Scottish unis with Irish address/passport help!

Hi,
I've read that there's a loophole with regards to studying in Scotland, if you hold and Irish passport and have lived in Ireland for at least 3 months you'll be able to get Scottish fees instead of the English ones. Does anyone have experience of this and know whether I have to write my Irish address on UCAS or just student finance? Thanks!
Original post by nellpotop
Hi,
I've read that there's a loophole with regards to studying in Scotland, if you hold and Irish passport and have lived in Ireland for at least 3 months you'll be able to get Scottish fees instead of the English ones. Does anyone have experience of this and know whether I have to write my Irish address on UCAS or just student finance? Thanks!

If you're an EU resident I believe you're entitled to the Scottish fees-I don't know much about the ins and outs/length of time you have to live there, but you'll need your address to match up on both UCAS and Student Finance. If you won't be moving until after you've already applied I believe you can contact UCAS and change your circumstances but you may have to state that you're applying as an EU student from the beginning-only UCAS can really advise you properly re. what to put.
Reply 2
The thing is I did live in Ireland for 3 months but I'm now living in London, do you think I would still be entitled to put my Irish address? Thanks!
Do be aware that if you're classed as an EU student, it's a double edged sword - you'll get cheaper fees, but you won't be eligible for any maintenance loans or maintenance grants, so your parents will have to support you financially, far more than they otherwise would.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You need to have lived in the EU for past 3 years, not 3 months in order to pay EU fees. if you apply using an Irish address but you don't actually live there, you're committing fraud and they will find you out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending