The Student Room Group

I'm worried about Additional Science.

I got a B in Core Science, in Year 10. I got an A in the ISA, which helped my grade further.

However, I got a C in my ISA this year, and I'm not really good at Chemistry. I can do well in Biology if I revise, and Physics. But often the Physics papers get harder.

I'm worried if I don't get a B or even an A (target), in Additional.
Any tips?
Past papers. Seriously, go over them again and again, try to learn some of the wording that examiners are looking for.
If I was you I would look at old papers from the exam board and look to see what typically comes up on the papers. If you are worried about not getting your grades, try asking your subject teacher as they may know what you struggle at more in the subject.
Try and stay positive, there is a jump between core and additional science but it's not vast and if you work hard and believe in your ability then you will be absolutely fine. It's really a development of the ideas in core science with a few new topics.

Ask your teacher as soon as you're confused, go through past papers and mark schemes to make sure you have the exam technique and understand exactly how to word things (they're very picky) and read ahead and revise as you go along if you have time.

I do GCSE triple science so pme if you need any help :smile:
Reply 4
Is myGCSEscience any good?

Might consider using it for Chemistry.
Biology and Physics, I'm fine with, if I revise using notes.
Reply 5
Core Science was the really easy stuff at GCSE personally I don't think it's really science. With Additional Science you don't need to be worried getting a B in core will help you in Additional. But with practice with past papers and revision will help you (it's good to start early rather than late)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Grade
Is myGCSEscience any good?

Might consider using it for Chemistry.
Biology and Physics, I'm fine with, if I revise using notes.

My Physics teacher was absolute **** at GCSE so myGCSE science was kind of a life saver for me - I literally taught myself the whole course using his videos & the textbook where necessary.

So yes :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by itsokk
My Physics teacher was absolute **** at GCSE so myGCSE science was kind of a life saver for me - I literally taught myself the whole course using his videos & the textbook where necessary.

So yes :wink:

Thank you. :smile:
I'm fine with Biology and Physics.
It's Chemistry, I suck on. It's really not my thing. I find it to be very heavy in terms of content, and not as easy to revise for as Physics or Biology.
Reply 8
Original post by Grade
Thank you. :smile:
I'm fine with Biology and Physics.
It's Chemistry, I suck on. It's really not my thing. I find it to be very heavy in terms of content, and not as easy to revise for as Physics or Biology.

For me it's the opposite I love chemistry and physics but can't stand biology, too many key term and words. Hence why I take chemistry and physics at A-Level. What exam board are you doing? And if you need help with either Chem or physics mainly but I can help with biology PM me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending