The Student Room Group

Sixth forms/colleges in Manchester (Loreto, Xaverian or Parrs wood)

Hi,
I need some help with choosing my colleges for next year. I have chosen the following a levels to take-
french
geography
government and politics
ecomomics

I have applied to Xaverian, loreto and Parrs wood. Has anyone got any experiences or opinions that can help me decide on where I should go next year! I'm really stuck!!

Thanks so much:smile::smile:
Ps if you study these subjects whats is it like are they hard?
Reply 1
I am going to apply to Loreto ande the Manchester College, also looking for advice, it seems that there are no extra fees in those colleges, but I don´t know about Parrs

Is someone there who could give us a hand?

:tongue:
Reply 2
Hi,
I'm currently attending xaverian college (AS year) and I think it's great. There is always support on if you need help and the quality of booklets and revision guides that you get it great. Also we have great enrichment for literally everything, educational, sport and even feeding old people and running Christmas parties and stuff. I do maths, further maths, biology and chemistry and all of the subjects I do have great teachers. My form tutor is a politics teacher and she's really passionate and gets great results for her classes and I know the languages department is amazing too. The food is really nice but the curry mile is around the corner with loads of take-out places and the cafe called anchor which is like a bagel shop - It has free wifi and everything. But yeah I'd definitely recommend xaverian. I chose it because I loved the atmosphere and the teachers actually seemed to want you to be okay and they don't just care about your grades. I also went there as the teachers were passionate and I want to go to cambridge university and they have the best high achievers programme.
However, my boyfriend goes to loreto and he really likes it there. I regularly pick him up and it also has good facilities like a new study center and asda is just down the road. He does maths, computing, graphics and physics and thinks that loreto is great for him.
Personally I think that you should look around both colleges and choose the one that feels right for you. My boyfriend loved loreto but thought that xaverian wasn't high tech enough. I loved xaverian as I felt like the teachers cared and were more passionate, also the high achievers programme is great. We both agreed that xaverian had a great atmosphere and was easier to get to if you're coming via manchester piccadilly , but agreed that loreto was more high tech. To conclude I think that you should weigh out the pros and cons of each college but don't worry, both colleges are equally as good, it's just what your preference is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending