The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Lucky for most of you. I am 15th on the HI reserve list so not feeling optimistic about getting a place. Hopefully there might be extta funding post election or some spaces might become available before August :frown:
Original post by Daniel30
Lucky for most of you. I am 15th on the HI reserve list so not feeling optimistic about getting a place. Hopefully there might be extta funding post election or some spaces might become available before August :frown:

You just never know. Don't lose your hope. An earlier message: "You'd be surprised how quick the standby list goes down. There are lots of people who really want a certain location and will say no if they don't get it. Just like there are people on the standby list who will not take a location unless it is the one they want. Depends on how flexible folk feel a lot of the time."

If not this year, you can always try again next year.
Original post by ms123123
Well done and thanks for giving us on the standby list some hope! I was originally 7th on the general management list but have just found out i am now 4th - which is slightly confusing considering you've been offered a place and were originally fourth but i'm still holding out some hope!

That's strange. Well good luck. As other people have said I reckon some spots may open up once people find out exact locations. I got my second choice location which is good as well considering I was standby. So you never know you could be offered a place in a few weeks in one of your top choices!
Original post by nmedici
I'm going to be on Finance EoE :smile: Congrats!
X

Congrats on making it through! Are you living in EoE already or moving there for the scheme?
Reply 144
Original post by palmr3f5
Congrats on making it through! Are you living in EoE already or moving there for the scheme?

Thanks 😃 I'm already in Essex so luckily I can start where I am! Are you having to move or are you here already as well??
Original post by nmedici
Thanks ������ I'm already in Essex so luckily I can start where I am! Are you having to move or are you here already as well??

I'm living in Romford! But may still have to move. I put down i'd prefer to stay close to where I live. But the EoE area stretches out to Norwich and Great Yarmouth so obviously couldn't commute there. I don't really mind moving though if I need to. So do you already know where your first placement is?
Reply 146
I'm living in Romford! But may still have to move. I put down i'd prefer to stay close to where I live. But the EoE area stretches out to Norwich and Great Yarmouth so obviously couldn't commute there. I don't really mind moving though if I need to. So do you already know where your first placement is?

Yea I'm keeping my fingers crossed I don't get sent that far!! If so I guess I'll be looking for somewhere if not like you! I've put Id prefer around here but we'll see eh?!
Where did you get placed in the end? I've got West Suffolk hospital in surgery and anaesthetics :smile:

Original post by nmedici
Yea I'm keeping my fingers crossed I don't get sent that far!! If so I guess I'll be looking for somewhere if not like you! I've put Id prefer around here but we'll see eh?!
Reply 148
Where did you get placed in the end? I've got West Suffolk hospital in surgery and anaesthetics :smile:

Ill be at Southend so nice and close :smile: now just the countdown until we begin!
Today I recieved a call and subsequently accepted a position in the East Midlands for the HR stream. So happy :biggrin: Anyone going to/or near Nottingham?
Original post by Cyan004
Today I recieved a call and subsequently accepted a position in the East Midlands for the HR stream. So happy :biggrin: Anyone going to/or near Nottingham?

Wahey congratulations :h:

I'll be working in surgery at a hospital in Surrey.
Original post by Laura.Laurent
Wahey congratulations :h:

I'll be working in surgery at a hospital in Surrey.

I lived in Surrey for 3 years for uni. Some friends are still there. It's a lovely place! And surgery sounds awesome. You'll have a great induction!
Reply 152
Hi,
I graduate in July 2016, when would I apply for this graduate scheme? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, you could apply for the intake in October as the process lasts for a good few months. Then the scheme would start in September 2016.
This scheme is great but also keep a look out for local versions of this. I was placed 16th on the standby list for the general management strain of the scheme but obviously hardly anyone drops off as it's such a good grad scheme.
However, I've carried on trying to find a similar thing and have been offered a place on a graduate scheme which is modelled on the national one but funded locally through Central Manchester Foundation Trust.
Good luck with your application!
Reply 154
Thanks for your reply, I will look out for the application process to begin around October, next September would be perfect as I finish uni in July! I'll also look around for others, good luck with yours! :smile: Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry or being a little nosey. But I stumbled upon this thread,what exactly is this Scheme?
Hey has anyone applied for 2016 graduate scheme yet ? 😄😄
Reply 157
Does anyone know if the scheme takes foreigners? I'm from Canada and wondering if any of the previous graduates are from another country?

Cheers,

Helen
Reply 158
Hi, would you be able to explain what exactly the scheme consists of? Is it quite full on?
Thanks 😄
Reply 159
Hi there Sausage92 -- just wondering, do you have the details of the scheme you are now with, please? Many thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending