The Student Room Group

MSc Finance in Europe after LSE Undergrad

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to ask for some advice. I was looking to do a masters in Europe as the UK is pretty expensive. How would you say is SSE? I did my Bachelors from LSE and have done an internships in Markets in 2nd year in a small firm and 3rd year a BB. Unfortunately I was unable to convert the last one so applying to jobs/internships this year. Have had interviews but haven't been able to get through the final stage.

I want to go into Trading/Markets so wondered what was your opinion on this given my background. Is SSE recognised by London as great/good for it?

How would you compare this to the following:
- HEC Paris (I know it's one of the best ones, but quite competitive)
- ESADE
- EDHEC
- ESCP
- Boconni

Thank you :smile:
Original post by sportycricketer
Hi Everyone,hi

I wanted to ask for some advice. I was looking to do a masters in Europe as the UK is pretty expensive. How would you say is SSE? I did my Bachelors from LSE and have done an internships in Markets in 2nd year in a small firm and 3rd year a BB. Unfortunately I was unable to convert the last one so applying to jobs/internships this year. Have had interviews but haven't been able to get through the final stage.

I want to go into Trading/Markets so wondered what was your opinion on this given my background. Is SSE recognised by London as great/good for it?

- ESADE
- EDHEC
- ESCP
- Boconni

Great idea. Esp some where tuition fees are just nominal. Some other suggestions for you .. StGallen, Switzerland ... Mannheim, Germany .. top business universities like LSE
Reply 2
What course would you do at Bocconi? Im applying there in february when the quant fin and rick management course opens!
Reply 3
Hi Everyone,

- ESADE
- EDHEC
- ESCP
- Boconni

I heard that SSE is quite respected, at least for economics (maybe not so for finance though). HEC Paris is indeed the most prestigious on your list, so try getting there if you can. In France, also look at ESSEC and École Polytechnique - they are excellent schools, particularly the latter. Furthermore, add WHU to your options. People from there go to work at places like Blackstone. Bocconi is quite decent as well, though apparently not very hard to get into. Can't say much about ESADE, EDHEC and ESCP. Oh, and if you decide to get some work experience before doing a masters, throw INSEAD into your list.
(edited 9 years ago)
for finance masters
lbs-
oxbridge
lse
hec
bocconi /sse/warwick but bocconi and warwick might be better for jobs in london
esade,ie
rest
wouldn't comment about the insead masters in finance.it is relatively new but am sure it would be in the top 5 in europe in the coming years
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Insead for mba would be much better than for finance masters
Reply 6
Hi Everyone,

- ESADE
- EDHEC
- ESCP
- Boconni

Most of the schools you mentioned are not much cheaper than LSE. So I do not get your reasoning.

If you want value for money, then SSE or St Gallen, or Erasmus Uni in Rotterdam are probably excellent options. All offer CEMS, and you can leverage CEMS to go to "expensive" schools such as LSE, or Ivey or ESADE, HEC etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending