The Student Room Group

JP Morgan Operations intern assessment centre

I got Operations Intern Assessment Centre invitation straight after my online application... is that weird? since there was no initial interview?

But anyways what can I expect at the assessment centre? please give me all advice and tips! I really want this internship. Also do you think that if I pass the assessment centre, I will get the internship? like there is not stage of application after that?

Scroll to see replies

Did the ops AC, last week and got the offer.
Basically there is no first round, you go straight to a final AC and if you pass it you get the offer.
First you do two back to back situational interviews with two VPs/associates lasting about 45 minutes each. Standard Why JPM? Why Ops? questions as well as a few hypothetical situations.
Then you have half an hour to read through a report about an imaginary firm and make a recommendation on how it's ops department should make a decision, which you then have to discuss with the other applicants in a supervised group discussion. Finally you have to present a 15 minute presentation back to one of the VPs.

I thought I did horrendously but in the feedback she said they were trying to evaluate how you react to stress, so heads up.
With the presentation and group discussion, they said after it is your communicative skills they are way more interested in as opposed to an actual answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamesrorytiffin
Basically there is no first round, you go straight to a final AC and if you pass it you get the offer.
First you do two back to back situational interviews with two VPs/associates lasting about 45 minutes each. Standard Why JPM? Why Ops? questions as well as a few hypothetical situations.
Then you have half an hour to read through a report about an imaginary firm and make a recommendation on how it's ops department should make a decision, which you then have to discuss with the other applicants in a supervised group discussion. Finally you have to present a 15 minute presentation back to one of the VPs.

I thought I did horrendously but in the feedback she said they were trying to evaluate how you react to stress, so heads up.
With the presentation and group discussion, they said after it is your communicative skills they are way more interested in as opposed to an actual answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the info. How long did u have to wait until u received the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For questions like, why operations? What do you roughly say because I cant think of anything that makes me sound inspirational about the answer.

Also kind of a weird q but what was the general dress code for the assessment centre? For guys
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cooldudeman
For questions like, why operations? What do you roughly say because I cant think of anything that makes me sound inspirational about the answer.

You're reaching with that one mate!
Reply 6
Hi everyone, got a bit of newbie question I was hoping someone would answer for me, if I successfully get a job through a summer internship for a IB, would I immediately then join in Aug/Sept, or have to wait a year.
Thanks.
Also what office is operations at jpmorgan?
Second or back
Posted from TSR Mobile
Also what office is operations at jpmorgan?
Second or back
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ops is back office, where a suit and that, as the other fella said, you're reaching with the why ops questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ops is back office, where a suit and that, as the other fella said, you're reaching with the why ops questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do u mean by reaching? I don't get it

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do u mean by reaching? I don't get it

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't know why you want to work in ops, or you don't at least have a rough idea of why you want to work there, or you can't even at the very least think of some BS that'll make it sound like you want to work there with some independent research of what the division is like, then you're already doomed.
Reply 11

Hi there, I also recieved an offer a few days later via phone call, however I am still yet to recieve the contract via email, have you received it yet?
Original post by ecunom
Hi there, I also recieved an offer a few days later via phone call, however I am still yet to recieve the contract via email, have you received it yet?

Nope, not yet. They said it could come on any day before the offer expired (10 working days)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Nope, not yet. They said it could come on any day before the offer expired (10 working days)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply, did you happen to do the AC on Thursday the 3rd?
Original post by ecunom
Thanks for the reply, did you happen to do the AC on Thursday the 3rd?

The 13th? Yeah I did

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

When u say hypothetical situations being asked at the interviews, what do u mean. Can u give examples please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
The 13th? Yeah I did

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I got my dates mixed, I actually did it on the 6th, still haven't received my contract :frown:
Reply 17
hi guys, please do you think i stand a chance i have no work experience of any kind, but i have got very good academic qualification expecting first class, i really want to do my internship with JP Morgan am in my final year at the moment so hoping to start my MSC in Accounting and Finance next year .. thanks
Reply 18
jamesrorytiffin could you tell me what time you finished please?

Want to know roughly, when to book my train. Thanks
Original post by Dancasey
jamesrorytiffin could you tell me what time you finished please?

Want to know roughly, when to book my train. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending