The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Offer Holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I sent in my application for Chemical Engineering on 14th November.
Haven't heard back from Imperial yet. How much longer can it take for their decision??
I'm an overseas student btw.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
I received a conditional offer from IC to study Biology. Have any of you received an offer letter from IC(Not UCAS Notification) ? Cause I have received the post-offer invitation letter with no offer letter, which is quite strange. I worry that my email deleted it automatically as a junk mail.
Reply 22
Original post by HenryJR
I received a conditional offer from IC to study Biology. Have any of you received an offer letter from IC(Not UCAS Notification) ? Cause I have received the post-offer invitation letter with no offer letter, which is quite strange. I worry that my email deleted it automatically as a junk mail.

ive got a bio offer aswell and I have only recirved the post offer openday interview email and nothing else so dw
Original post by youngie1996
A*A*AA for chemical engineering :smile:

Hey, was wondering... when did you submit your UCAS? When was your interview? and after how long did you receive an offer? I had my interview 2 days ago, obviously they wouldn't reply straight away but just wanted to know the time spaces between submission, interview and offer.

hello all

I have an unconditional offer for BEng computing (deferred from last year)

Look forward to seeing all of you in October, good luck everyone!
Original post by SelinaUchiha
Hey, was wondering... when did you submit your UCAS? When was your interview? and after how long did you receive an offer? I had my interview 2 days ago, obviously they wouldn't reply straight away but just wanted to know the time spaces between submission, interview and offer.

Had my interview last wednesday in october and they took 4 weeks to reply :smile: i submitted my ucas around the 10th october
Received my offer for MEng Computing at half 10 last night, A*AAA + a 2 in STEP 1. Feels great to have the offer!
Didn't realise Imperial gave out offers that late...
Original post by MattTBMcElroy
Received my offer for MEng Computing at half 10 last night, A*AAA + a 2 in STEP 1. Feels great to have the offer!
Didn't realise Imperial gave out offers that late...

Congratulations for the offer! Its a great offer relative to others with 1 in Step 2's in their offers. Did the interview go really well for you? They were quite late giving out offers to your batch.
Original post by Techroks
Congratulations for the offer! Its a great offer relative to others with 1 in Step 2's in their offers. Did the interview go really well for you? They were quite late giving out offers to your batch.

Thank you and I presume the interview went well to get that offer but I'm not too sure why I got that low an offer compared to others. It was worth the wait to get that offer anyways :smile:
I got a conditional for 38 on the IB for Biology.
(I'm an overseas student.)
I have an A*AAA plus A in EPQ conditional offer for MEng Computing. No STEP thankfully!
Reply 31
Original post by Macky16
Offer for biology on the condition that I didn't lie about my grades,

why why do you guys want to go to imperial over other top unis ? (Ucl Durham Bristol ect ...)

Cause its awesome.
Reply 32
MEng Chemical Engineering, A*A*AA. Predicted 4 A*s. The imperial course looks really good, and there's no general first year to deal with. I'm also very excited by the opportunities for a year abroad!
Reply 33
A*A*AA is your offer?
Reply 34
Yes, with the A*s being in Maths and Chemistry. That's the standard offer for the Chem Eng course. Btw I applied in early october, had my interview on the 12th November and got my offer over the weekend
Reply 35
Got an offer for Chemical Engineering over the weekend, also A*A*AA
Reply 36
Original post by PacmanB
Yes, with the A*s being in Maths and Chemistry. That's the standard offer for the Chem Eng course. Btw I applied in early october, had my interview on the 12th November and got my offer over the weekend

I'm still waiting. Applied on 14th Nov. for the same course. 4A* predicted. I am a pakistani living in Saudi so won't give an interview.
How good was your personal statement, according to you. Who helped you with it?
I hope mine's good enough. According to me, mine was great.
What about you?
Reply 37
Original post by Shelock
I'm still waiting. Applied on 14th Nov. for the same course. 4A* predicted. I am a pakistani living in Saudi so won't give an interview.
How good was your personal statement, according to you. Who helped you with it?
I hope mine's good enough. According to me, mine was great.
What about you?

My personal statement was highly academic, with a lot of detail about engineering courses/books/lectures/societies that i have attended/read/watched/attended. There wasn't much extra-curricular stuff such as sports and music. My teachers checked my spelling and grammar but that was about it. I don't think I'm in a position to judge my own PS, but I got an interview at Cambridge and Imperial so it can't have been that bad.
Reply 38
Original post by PacmanB
My personal statement was highly academic, with a lot of detail about engineering courses/books/lectures/societies that i have attended/read/watched/attended. There wasn't much extra-curricular stuff such as sports and music. My teachers checked my spelling and grammar but that was about it. I don't think I'm in a position to judge my own PS, but I got an interview at Cambridge and Imperial so it can't have been that bad.

I tried to show my interest in the course by mentioning the related activities but since this is ksa, you don't have lectures, seminars courses. I could only read a few books from my schools library which is not very extravagant tbh.
Anyways I got a skype interview call.
its on Wednesday. Will have to prepare for that now. Hoping for the best.
Reply 39
A small seminar once took place in our school. I mentioned that though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending