The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Offer Holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi there!

I am an EU-student who took part in the icl department of aeronautics overseas interview procedure in the last week of february and I received a conditional offer via ucas on march 24th. However, I haven't received an e-mail or letter from the college so far. Is that normal?

Are there other aeronautics applicants/offer holders who can tell me about their experience?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Alessa Lu
Hi there!

I am an EU-student who took part in the icl department of aeronautics overseas interview procedure in the last week of february and I received a conditional offer via ucas on march 24th. However, I haven't received an e-mail or letter from the college so far. Is that normal?

Are there other aeronautics applicants/offer holders who can tell me about their experience?

Yes it's normal. No need to worry and congratulations on receiving an offer.
Got A*A*A for theoretical physics, doing Physics & Double Maths. One of the A* must be on FurtherMaths.
Original post by happyboi125
Congrats!! :smile: I applied for mechanical engineering at Imperial as well but I was rejected... :frown: Do you mind sharing what were your grades?

Hey, thanks!!:smile: Yeah sure, I did IB and I got a 7 for all my subjects, 44 points overall.
Original post by lwu
Hey there! why do you want to study civil engineering? and is it possible to change subject even if there are places available?

Yeah they do allow changes in course, in fact I contacted them again and this time round they asked me to email them stating why I wanted to change my course after which they will look at my application again:smile:
Original post by Eegol
Hi guys, I have a question:

In my offer it stated that I should pass an English test approved by Imperial. I have done this two years ago, when I got an A for Cambridge CAE. However, I haven't been able to find out how they want me to notify them of my passing this test. I wouldn't want to send my (only) official certificate by post, so would they accept a photocopied version?

hi, I have the same problem. I am going to call today and ask but I was going to make a photocopy, ask a notary to sign it and send that either by post or by email.
Hey has anyone who applied for MSc Innovation, Entreprenurship and Management for 2015 heard back from Imperial?
Has anyone who applied for chemistry or chemistry with molecular physics had an offer yet? If so what was the offer asking?
A*AA , A* in maths or chemistry, A in physics (or AAA which is less likely)
Reply 389
Hi Guys,

I applied for a PhD position in petroleum engineering at Earth science department on 30th of Jan. however after nearly 10 weeks no reply from the college so far ... ! the department says my application is under consideration and approved my document is already in their hands (in case referee's letters) .. Although I believe in "No News is Good News" :smile: , being waited is..... your suggestion/comment is highly appreciated . NON EU student.
Reply 390
Any fb page for people who have firmed imperial? I'm trying to find some but I cant - there was a fb page for applicants/offer holders 2015 but my request to join was declined twice without an explanation even though i asked the admins to accept it?? Even though I have firmed it already?? And now I can't look up that page anymore..??
Original post by GPeach1
Has anyone who applied for chemistry or chemistry with molecular physics had an offer yet? If so what was the offer asking?

AAA for chemistry :smile:, also got the same exact offer for chem eng from UCL don't know which to pick though :frown:
Original post by troll1232
AAA for chemistry :smile:, also got the same exact offer for chem eng from UCL don't know which to pick though :frown:

Well done! Personally I would go by course which one do you want to do more because the grades are the same but whatever you choose I'm sure will be great!
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi...
My current status is on waiting list. Does this mean that i have been accepted by the Department but the quota is full?
i applied Msc in Petroleum Engineering
Thanks
Original post by Aeglor
I just got an offer for JMC but it feels more like a rejection and a middle finger than an offer:

A*A*AA (maths, further maths, physics, chemistry) with a 2 in STEP III

I don't do M4, S4 or FP3 so I can't really do STEP III.....

Won't stop me trying though :biggrin:

Same all of my teachers are in shock at my offer! JMC with A*A*AAA
what do you guys think about the leniency this summer. I know Imperial has no mercy on those that miss A level offers, but what about step?
Reply 396
Anyone else got an offer for Chem Eng, If so could you message me your offer; mine is 3a*s and an a (probably high because I achieved an A* in chem a2 last year) but yeah I'm curious to what other applicants were offered
Original post by louezzi
Anyone else got an offer for Chem Eng, If so could you message me your offer; mine is 3a*s and an a (probably high because I achieved an A* in chem a2 last year) but yeah I'm curious to what other applicants were offered

What would you go for, UCL Chem Eng or Imperial Chem? both the exact same offer.

Imperial > UCL but Chem eng > chem lool hard choice
Original post by troll1232
What would you go for, UCL Chem Eng or Imperial Chem? both the exact same offer.

Imperial > UCL but Chem eng > chem lool hard choice

Imperial, you change always change to chemeng afterwards
Reply 399
UCL chem eng then switch to Imperial for Masters

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending