The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography - Core Topic: Rivers and Population: PAGE DIVIDERS!

I'm sorry this is so very minor. My organisation is lacking greatly as I entered A Levels. I'd like to know what you guys would recommend me labelling my page dividers.

I have a lever arch binder with both human and physical topics inside, including 10 page dividers that have no writing on. At this point in time, my folder is just one whole continuous file of sheets and papers that are dwelling on settlements for better organisation. (See what I did there?) :wink:

Help would be fully appreciated! Thank you.
Reply 1
How many teachers do you have for it ?
Have many topics will you be learning
Label it according to day or week or year

If this is only for geography that is.

You can split it into your notes/ teachers note/ images
Reply 2
I was hoping for a reply about the subsubjects within each topic. Like discharge, floods, management and stuff. I can't do the teacher and day dividers... It's not specific and relevant enough. Sorry!
Original post by Joone
I'm sorry this is so very minor. My organisation is lacking greatly as I entered A Levels. I'd like to know what you guys would recommend me labelling my page dividers.

I have a lever arch binder with both human and physical topics inside, including 10 page dividers that have no writing on. At this point in time, my folder is just one whole continuous file of sheets and papers that are dwelling on settlements for better organisation. (See what I did there?) :wink:

Help would be fully appreciated! Thank you.

I think the answer must be to buy more dividers. Have a look at this file:

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/specifications/alevel/AQA-2030-W-SP-14.PDF

At page 5 it makes it clear that you will be answering 5 separate topics in June (Paper 1 on 2 physical and 2 human topics, plus the Paper 2 skills). However, within each topic there will be many more than 2 sub-topics. For instance, look at page 7 - it lists eleven specific sub-topics under the compulsory physical subjects "rivers, floods and management".
Reply 4
Anymore suggestions a bit less specific?
Honestly I use 10 file dividers for each topic, I know its sounds crazy, but it separates the topics out really nicely, you know that the first set of 10 are rivers and the next set are population.

this is how I did mine:
*Rivers: just a header on the first one that I put mock exam questions and specification in etc.
*Drainage basin and hydrological cycle
*river discharge (strom hydrographs)
*Profile of a river: (long profile and valley profile)
*Changing channel characteristic: cross profiles, wetted perimeter, hydraulic radius, roughness, efficiency, velocity and discharge.
*Landforms of a river: erosion, deposition landforms, river rejuvination.
*Causes of flooding: magnitude of floods, causes of flooding
*impact of flooding: impacts.
*flood management stratergies: hard and soft engineering.
*defintions

Honestly you cannot fit a topic into 2 tabs of a file divider if you want it to be really organised. I honestly think a file overloaded with dividers looks really neat and tidy, also everything is in the correct place.
Original post by Joone
Anymore suggestions a bit less specific?

4 Sections (dependent on what you study)
My four sections were:

Rivers floods and management
Coastal environment

Population change
Energy issues

As you can see, separating the human and physical is also useful. If you want more specific ask again, but you don't seem fussed about your organisation skills which is sort of necessary in sixth form
Reply 7
Original post by bethabbott
4 Sections (dependent on what you study)
My four sections were:

Rivers floods and management
Coastal environment

Population change
Energy issues

As you can see, separating the human and physical is also useful. If you want more specific ask again, but you don't seem fussed about your organisation skills which is sort of necessary in sixth form

Fussed?! I took the time to create a thread on The Student Room just to get my file sorted. My subject dividers are very specific - not just the obvious titles.
Original post by Joone
Fussed?! I took the time to create a thread on The Student Room just to get my file sorted. My subject dividers are very specific - not just the obvious titles.

I'd be interested to know what divisions and titles you've gone for. :smile:
Reply 9
Rivers:
1) The Drainage Basin Hydrological Cycle
2) River Discharge Factors
3) Channel Processes
4) Valley Profiles
5) Changing Channel Characteristics
6) Landforms of River Erosion and Deposition
7) Rejuvenation
8) Flooding
9) Flooding Impacts: Case Studies
10) Flood Management

Population:
1) World Population Indicators
2) Demographic Transition Model
3) Population Structures
4) Migration
5) Population vs. Resources
6) Implications of Population Change
7) Sustainable Development
8) Population Policies
9) Population Change: Urban & Rural Areas
10) Implications: Social Walfare
Original post by Joone
Rivers:
1) The Drainage Basin Hydrological Cycle
2) River Discharge Factors
3) Channel Processes
4) Valley Profiles
5) Changing Channel Characteristics
6) Landforms of River Erosion and Deposition
7) Rejuvenation
8) Flooding
9) Flooding Impacts: Case Studies
10) Flood Management

Population:
1) World Population Indicators
2) Demographic Transition Model
3) Population Structures
4) Migration
5) Population vs. Resources
6) Implications of Population Change
7) Sustainable Development
8) Population Policies
9) Population Change: Urban & Rural Areas
10) Implications: Social Walfare

This is definitely the best way as it really seperate all of your work and makes revision so much easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending