The Student Room Group

Midwifery Rejections 2014-15

Just been rejected from Worcester Midwifery
However I have interviews early next year at Bangor and Staffordshire
I haven't heard back from my other 2: Cardiff and York however those 2 are probably more difficult to get into so I'll probably be rejected from those too which is gutting because York is my first choice :frown: I knew it was likely I'd get rejections because of the competition but now it's actually happened it's such a kick in the teeth!!! Is anyone facing these problems or going to the same interviews as me? It would probably make it so much easier if I knew some people briefly when I got there :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've also applied to Cardiff and I haven't heard back from them, but you never know! Just because you've been rejected by Worcester doesn't mean you'll get rejected from the other. Positive mental attitude! Plus it's still early days and the deadline isn't for a while so you may not hear back until then! Good luck with your two interviews!
Reply 2
Fingers crossed!!
I was rejected from Salford university and still haven't heard from 3 of my other choices!! I didn't think I was going to get in anywhere because getting rejected really knocks your confidence but now I have an interview at Preston and I'm more determined than ever!!
Good luck.
I was rejected by Brighton which was so gutting! I was also rejected by Greenwich which one of by back up options but it still knocks your confidence.
However I have an interview at surrey on Monday! so excited! :smile:
Reply 5
Good luck everyone!! :smile: still haven't heard back from my other 2 choices yet but I'm trying to stay positive. I have a well paying job so I think if I don't get where I want to go this year I may just try again and wait a year as I can finance myself okay! We'll all see how it goes :smile:
Reply 6
I have only received two responses so far and both have been unsuccessful. Those were from The Uni of Manchester and Liverpool John Moores. This is seriously beginning to make me worry and even question my application :confused:
I am waiting to hear from York, Huddersfield and Salford. Best of luck ladies!X
Reply 7
This whole process has made me question my application. Anyone else getting really sad with friends getting all these offers and we're just here waiting? :')
Reply 8
Original post by oiiginge
This whole process has made me question my application. Anyone else getting really sad with friends getting all these offers and we're just here waiting? :')

Definitely! So many of
My tutors told me that I'd get rejected for Midwifery and that I shouldn't even bother, but it's the only career I can honestly picture myself happy in. I'll be devastated if I have to go and tell them that they were right and I haven't secured a place.
I haven't heard back from my other 2: Cardiff and York however those 2 are probably more difficult to get into so I'll probably be rejected from those too which is gutting because York is my first choice :frown: I knew it was likely I'd get rejections because of the competition but now it's actually happened it's such a kick in the teeth!!! Is anyone facing these problems or going to the same interviews as me? It would probably make it so much easier if I knew some people briefly when I got there :smile:

Stay positive - you've only had one rejection so far and you've made it to the interview stages for another two :smile: and don't lose hope for Cardiff or York, there's still a chance! I'm a first year speech therapy student (still competitive, but maybe not quite as much as midwifery) and got accepted by the top two on the league table but rejected by other unis that were much lower down and less competitive - it depends what they're looking for. Fingers crossed for everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you have an interview before you got rejected? I'm so worried!
Th
Reply 12
Original post by Butterfly9595
Stay positive - you've only had one rejection so far and you've made it to the interview stages for another two :smile: and don't lose hope for Cardiff or York, there's still a chance! I'm a first year speech therapy student (still competitive, but maybe not quite as much as midwifery) and got accepted by the top two on the league table but rejected by other unis that were much lower down and less competitive - it depends what they're looking for. Fingers crossed for everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That has reassured me so much!! Thank you :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by gracie_ash
Did you have an interview before you got rejected? I'm so worried!

No just a letter in the post a few lines long saying I was unsuccessful :/
Reply 14
Original post by SarahH11
Definitely! So many of
My tutors told me that I'd get rejected for Midwifery and that I shouldn't even bother, but it's the only career I can honestly picture myself happy in. I'll be devastated if I have to go and tell them that they were right and I haven't secured a place.

I feel exactly the same!! Part of me just wants to say forgot it and do some random general degree like history or business but then there will always be a part of me that knows that's truly not what I want to do :/
Reply 15
We've taken the leap now I guess, so it's just a waiting game. Has anyone had any interview invites yet?
Reply 16
2 so far and still yet to hear back from 2
Reply 17
I have just heard from Cardiff that they will have completed their short listing for interviews by the end of January!!
Reply 18
Hey I've been rejected from LJM and UWE, still waiting on York and UCLAN, but got a test day at LSB tomorrow, anyone else heard anything :smile: ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone been to a Leeds selection event?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending