The Student Room Group

Stay at work or move to uni?

Over the last few weeks I've thought long and hard about possibly leaving my job in September and going onto university.

I'm currently doing an apprenticeship at an investment bank in London and the apprenticeship will finish in March, where I then expect to be offered a fully paid role at the company and will go on from there. But recently I've been worried that staying at work will mean I'm missing out on getting further education, which could open more doors for me in later life, as well as all the good experiences that come with going to university. I just recently broke up with my girlfriend, who was also at university, and every time I was there or have been to a friends university I've always enjoyed myself and thought how good it would be to go to uni. I'm 19 now and would be 20 by the time I joined university so in fact would be 2 years older that everyone else but in that time I could also do other investment banking-related qualifications like the IMC which would really help me for when I get out of university.

I've had a brief look over some uni's and courses and would probably end up doing Business Management. I'm not massively intelligent (I got a BBC at A Level) but obviously have the experience of work and I do regard myself as quite intellectual. I'm quite scared though about this decision as I don't want to miss out, nor do I want to lose a job and then not be able to get one again in 3 years time.

Any suggestions? I haven't seen any uni's yet either and with the deadline looming in January I'd really need to start looking.
If you want to go to uni go for it at 20 you'll problem find your actually one of the youngest there I went at 21 and found that. You will get those who are wet behind the ears from school but yeah go and have a great time don't passs up this chance start saving and you'll have the funds to foo things like go on ski trips to enjoy your self good luck.
Original post by dan_0202
Over the last few weeks I've thought long and hard about possibly leaving my job in September and going onto university.

I'm currently doing an apprenticeship at an investment bank in London and the apprenticeship will finish in March, where I then expect to be offered a fully paid role at the company and will go on from there. But recently I've been worried that staying at work will mean I'm missing out on getting further education, which could open more doors for me in later life, as well as all the good experiences that come with going to university. I just recently broke up with my girlfriend, who was also at university, and every time I was there or have been to a friends university I've always enjoyed myself and thought how good it would be to go to uni. I'm 19 now and would be 20 by the time I joined university so in fact would be 2 years older that everyone else but in that time I could also do other investment banking-related qualifications like the IMC which would really help me for when I get out of university.

I've had a brief look over some uni's and courses and would probably end up doing Business Management. I'm not massively intelligent (I got a BBC at A Level) but obviously have the experience of work and I do regard myself as quite intellectual. I'm quite scared though about this decision as I don't want to miss out, nor do I want to lose a job and then not be able to get one again in 3 years time.

Any suggestions? I haven't seen any uni's yet either and with the deadline looming in January I'd really need to start looking.

Looks like u got all u need. U dont have to worry bout jobs anymore. I would recommend u to go university cuz its a lifetime opportunity. Plus with degree u have reputation of another level. Just go for it!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending