The Student Room Group

First time going to a cocktail bar - What should I order?

I'm a guy and going there with a girl (a date). I've never drank cocktails so i don't know what to have. Basically just wanting something not ridiculously feminine at a cocktail bar and a well-known drink they have at most places (so basically don't name a cocktail that you've had once and never found again at a bar). Thanks
Reply 1
White Russians and After Nines.
Reply 2
i don't know to be honest.. maybe a gin and tonic?
Original post by Rakas21
White Russians and After Nines.

Just googled white russians and it looks disgusting
Reply 4
Original post by dylantombides
Just googled white russians and it looks disgusting

Tastes divine though. Kahlua is coffee flavored liquor.

The after nines are like drinking a mint aero, never met a woman unimpressed by them.
https://thefontbar.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/mcr-cocktail-menu-2014.pdf

Local student cocktail bar menu in Manchester. Read that to get some ideas, every single cocktail bar has a menu, you're way overthinking things.
If you're going to a cocktail bar, you should definitely order a cocktail.
Margarita
Original post by happysmile
If you're going to a cocktail bar, you should definitely order a cocktail.

Nah.
Be prepared to end up spending a **** tonne of money on like 5 drinks...or more if you're buying for her too?

I would also recommend trying an after 9, mojitos are good too, though I don't think they're typically girly, I'm not sure what others opinions on what a girly drink classes as. Kind of a ridiculous notion if you think about it.
Original post by And then...

Local student cocktail bar menu in Manchester. Read that to get some ideas, every single cocktail bar has a menu, you're way overthinking things.

Oh god I love Font too much. The blue Hawaiians, right? Do they still do those? Dear lord send me to heaven with a glass of that in my hand.
Original post by dylantombides
I'm a guy and going there with a girl (a date). I've never drank cocktails so i don't know what to have. Basically just wanting something not ridiculously feminine at a cocktail bar and a well-known drink they have at most places (so basically don't name a cocktail that you've had once and never found again at a bar). Thanks

Gin martinis are great and make you look entirely the opposite of ridiculously feminine (so ridiculously masculine I guess).

If you become confident enough in your masculinity to have a less than entirely masculine drink, cosmopolitans taste great. Sidecars are nice. Just look at the menu and see what you like the look of.

Original post by And then...

£2 cocktails what?! Amazing.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TwoLimes
Oh god I love Font too much. The blue Hawaiians, right? Do they still do those? Dear lord send me to heaven with a glass of that in my hand.

My personal favourite too, along with buy one get one free on Tiger beer. I was last there about 12 months ago, not a place I've frequented in a few years now it was the best place in Manchester when all cocktails were £2.
Whatever's cheap. Unless it's somewhere really fancy they'll usually have 2 for £5 or something so just get something off there that doesn't sound disgusting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending