The Student Room Group

How long does it take for UCAS to process your application?

Does anyone know? I've sent mine off and when I log onto UCAS, this comes up:
Your application has been sent to UCAS and will be processed shortly. After it has been processed, you will be sent a welcome letter, which will show your application number. You can then log in to track the progress of your application using this number and the same username and password you used to apply.
so basically i just wondered if anyone knows how long 'shortly' usually takes?
Reply 1
well you have to wait for your reference to add their reference first, so that bit is down to them, once that is done, ucas process it which i think is pretty quickly but you may hvae a delay is receiving your welcome letter, i know some people on here waited between a week and 2weeks to ge thteirs, but once it processed u can ring ucas and ask for ure id number anyway so u cna log onto track brfore your letter arrives lol
Reply 2
^ Thanks for the reply. I'm just getting a bit paranoid with all this UCAS m'larky and Oxbridge deadlines :frown:
Reply 3
Just sending my application to my referee and just wanted to ask if I can make the payment with my debit card now or if I need to wait for my reference to be done. Thanks in advance.
Reply 4
Pay it now, then ur form wil b sent to ur referee thn ur reference will be done
Reply 5
I'm getting paranoid too...

About the early deadline (October 15th), is this the date that your form is sent off to UCAS? i.e. Not the date it's actually processed? And not the date that it actually reaches the universities themselves, but the date it gets to UCAS?

:ta:
Reply 6
firestone
I'm getting paranoid too...

About the early deadline (October 15th), is this the date that your form is sent off to UCAS? i.e. Not the date it's actually processed? And not the date that it actually reaches the universities themselves, but the date it gets to UCAS?

:ta:

the date it gets to ucas, AFTER your reference has been done
Reply 7
i heard that the deadline is for when your application gets to UCAS not the universities. I'm not too sure so if anyone else knows for definate that would help.
Reply 8
Jordan7
Pay it now, then ur form wil b sent to ur referee thn ur reference will be done

Danke.

Yay I've sent it off!! #excited#
Reply 9
BeesKnees
Danke.

Yay I've sent it off!! #excited#

congrats! mine went at 10.24 this morning ll
mtbab
congrats! mine went at 10.24 this morning ll

Even got it down to the minute! weeee...! we brummies are efficient!! :biggrin:

Except you. You totally ignored my request yesterday :mad: ! I felt rejected lol. Asked you if I could pm you coz I wanted to ask you something about UCAS and didn't just wanna PM you because quite a few people on TSR have been saying they're too busy at the mo so don't want people sending them random PMs. Also you and kellywood 5 are like the resident UCAS helpers so I figured you'd be busy :p:
Reply 11
BeesKnees
Even got it down to the minute! weeee...! we brummies are efficient!! :biggrin:

Except you. You totally ignored my request yesterday :mad: ! I felt rejected lol. Asked you if I could pm you coz I wanted to ask you something about UCAS and didn't just wanna PM you because quite a few people on TSR have been saying they're too busy at the mo so don't want people sending them random PMs. Also you and kellywood 5 are like the resident UCAS helpers so I figured you'd be busy :p:

lol me??
mtbab
lol me??

yupperz :rolleyes:
Reply 13
BeesKnees
yupperz :rolleyes:

i did not see that req at all, you shoulda just pm'ed me.

wait wait

as if i've become some resident ucas helper hahaha i know jack what i'm talking about i jsut make it seem good, hence why i'm applying for law lol. most of my info i'v epicked up off other people, teachers, and i acutally read the ucas apply guide lol whihc is a first for me i rarely read instructions

omg today i actually read the UCAS T&C's before i clicked the "I Agree" button, it took a lil while but it was quite afunny read lol
Reply 14
I think UCAS take 2 days - 1 week to process your application. Its just the welcome letter that takes ages.
BeesKnees
Also you and kellywood 5 are like the resident UCAS helpers

Thats so true! :p: Nothing to be ashamed of! You should demand some sort of pay!
Reply 16
Nathan_Ley3
Thats so true! :p: Nothing to be ashamed of! You should demand some sort of pay!

haha even the big mods dont get paid! ooh shall i ask if i can get like "ucas helperperson"lol put under my username that would eb cool.
Reply 17
/me feels ignored

:bawling:
Reply 18
Ronove
/me feels ignored

:bawling:

lol err why?
Reply 19
Cos I've helped in quite a few threads in here (including where I've had to correct people trying to help when they don't know what the **** they're talking about)... glad no-one noticed.

Latest

Trending

Trending