The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
LostRiot
drown, no question, once your lungs are full of water you just sort of pass out, burning would be horrific.

You would pass out from the smoke in a fire.
Reply 21
Vicky88
You would pass out from the smoke in a fire.

Not before the pain of being burnt had made you pass out.
Reply 22
surely theyre as bad as eachother.
i wouldnt pick any of them. im happy with my weight finally. i dunno why i ever thought i was fat :|
Reply 23
I would kill myself if i was to be obese!!! Anorexia all the way!!! I am under 8 stone and still see fat!!! Thin and angelic is the way to be any day!!!
Reply 24
obese, cos you can always adjust your self to look good - like the vicar of dibley woman - shes obviously overweight but she looks great. I dont think anyone can look good being anorexic.
I'd rather be anorexic. seems it's easier to put on weight than to lose it..xxx
EBONY ROSE
I would kill myself if i was to be obese!!! Anorexia all the way!!! I am under 8 stone and still see fat!!! Thin and angelic is the way to be any day!!!

I'm sorry but thats a ridiculous post. For one thin does not =angelic, like so many people you seem to associate thiness as worth, that people who are thin are better in every aspect of their life. for two, the way you say anorexia all the way makes you sound as if you actually want this. ANOREXIA IS A DISEASE WHICH FREQUENTLY KILLS. wake up and realise than anorexia is not the same as dieting or losing a bit of weight. it is suicidal cvrash dieting with a warped perception of the world.
Sorry 4 the rant
Reply 27
squigaletta
I'm sorry but thats a ridiculous post. For one thin does not =angelic, like so many people you seem to associate thiness as worth, that people who are thin are better in every aspect of their life. for two, the way you say anorexia all the way makes you sound as if you actually want this. ANOREXIA IS A DISEASE WHICH FREQUENTLY KILLS. wake up and realise than anorexia is not the same as dieting or losing a bit of weight. it is suicidal cvrash dieting with a warped perception of the world.
Sorry 4 the rant

A take it you are anti pro ana then!!! :rolleyes:
Reply 28
I'm not sure about obese...but I'd rather be overweight than anorexic. Even fairly heavy girls look better than stick insects - I'd rather have a bit of substance to me and 'womanly curves' and all that! Plus if you're anorexic you're mentally ill - if you're fat, unless you've got Prader-Willi syndrome (I think that's the one) or something, you're just fat and can do something about it.
Reply 29
zoe_b
obese, cos you can always adjust your self to look good - like the vicar of dibley woman - shes obviously overweight but she looks great. I dont think anyone can look good being anorexic.

I agree, Dawn French has got really pretty features, and although in the past couple of years she has gotten heinously large, she looks much more attractive than Nicole Richie, for example. Obviously she's not healthy, but she looks far more healthy than a really skinny person, more full of life.
Reply 30
Obese. I'd rather eat myself into an early grave than starve myself into an early grave.
Reply 31
I think there's more lasting damage from anorexia.
In Western society? Anorexic without a doubt. In fact, there is pressure to be so.
Reply 33
obesity is not always a mental disorder. Compulsive Over-Eating Disorder is an eating disorder, as is anorexia. Often COE goes hand-in-hand with obesity but NOT always. An eating disorder is to do with emotional eating. Some people eat a lot when depressed/traumatised etc, and others starve themselves...its the same thing when it boils down to it, obesity and anorexia that is. They just have VERY different physical symptoms. However, they can both be deadly in extreme cases, and can cause a whole array of health problems to boot. So to conclude....I'd rather not have either of them and I think to ask that kind of a question is a bit sick to be honest, even though I know your intentions were harmless.
Reply 34
goodLife
I would rather be obese, anorexia is a mental disorder therefore someone with anorexia could be any weight from obese to thin.:rolleyes:

you cant be obese and anorexic. to be classed as anorexic u have to have a BMI under erm 16 or something as well as the mental disorder?

it depends how obese wer talking about.some people can have the BMI of an obese person but still look ok really.
Well whether you were to become obese or anorexic can depend on your parents. If you had an anorexic / obese parent you are more likely to become like that.
To be perectly honest I'd rather be obese. I have a friend who would be classed as obese but he is really fit and healthy. Most people want to be skinny due to what they see in the media of airbrushed models. I expect if you were to see these people in real life most would probably have a few more pounds than the magazine shows.
i would rather be obese as it is a lot easier to deal with than anorexia.

Although i'm not and never have been anorexic, I know from personal experience how difficult it is to deal with an eating disorder.

I also hate it when people assume that the only reason a person can be obese is because they're lazy! Different people have different metabolisms and life-styles
Reply 37
TrentEnd
Thats like saying 'would you rather burn to death or drown?'...stupid question

Drown. Who the hell would want to burn to death?
EBONY ROSE

That is a very shallow out-look and i'm sorry but i believe it reflects your personality.

You seem to think that unless your external appearance doesn't meet super-model standards, then you are inferior.

If you don't think you would have anything to offer the world if you were overweight, then i feel very sorry for you.
Interesting question, i have a condition where no matter what i eat i am physically unable to gain weight. Put simply my body does not store/absorb fat very efficiently at all. And i'm forever bugged by people asking if i have anorexia or something similar, coupled with the fact i'm often left feeling tired and unable to do things i think i'd choose to be obese. At least then i wouldn't feel so low on energy all the time.

Latest

Trending

Trending