The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You don't have to be morbidly fat to be classed as clinically obese. I think someone else has already mentioned that you can have a BMI that suggests that you're obese, and yet don't look it.
Not that I'd want to be obese. I wouldn't want to be anorexic either though.
I'd sooner burn to death than be either of those two.
Reply 61
Hannahk16
i'd much rather be anorexia as then you can easily put it back on by eating! :P:P

would hate to be obese as more chance of health problems like heart diseases etc, and it looks horrible and would make me so un confident in wearing certain clothes etc!

plus it is harder to loose weight than it is to put weight on, as you can just eat more :P:P

Research 'Refeeding Syndrome'.
i would rather be obese - so many people who are said to be 'obese' are beautiful.

not many skinny (or anorexic) people are said to be beautiful.

I've been/am anorexic.. i know whats its like.

neither obesity or anorexia ever leave you BUT in my opinion, some people who are obese still think they look good, anorexics NEVER think they look good, therefore i would much rather be obese!
I wouldnt really want to be either. I mean I find putting on weight a lot easier than losing it but I'd hate to be sent to one of those anorexia clinics. Then again I'd hate to be obese because lots of people look down on you.

I really cant decide.
Reply 64
obese deffo! id be a r8 powerhouse 30 stone beast
some athletes and body huilders are obese because the muscel weighs so much
im sorta like that, in that i weigh a lot for how much there is. so i guess i would rather be obese, but i have never experienced either, although i think its easier for an obese to loose weight that an anorexic to try and gain it, because they just wont

i would rather drown, burnings horrid
definatly anorexic, u can never be too thin or too rich! x
tigerlilly88
definatly anorexic, u can never be too thin or too rich! x

What bull****.
What about when your body starts to eat itself? What about when somebody can't come to your hospital bed because they can smell your body breaking down? What about when your hair is falling out, but your body is covered with hair, because it's just too damn cold. What about when you can't eat any more than 500kcal a day, because otherwise you'd die, your body just isn't used to food? And yet, you still see yourself as too fat?

But no, you can never get too thin.
:rolleyes:
Reply 68
BellaCat
Research 'Refeeding Syndrome'.

i didn't exactly mean it how i said it 'you can just eat again', i said it as if i was to be anorexic now and obviously i would now about it so could just start eating again.

i know what its like to anorexic as my cousin was and didnt get back to her normal self for a couple of years.

so i take back what i said as i was saying it as if i had to choose now and wasnt thinking it as if i actually had the disease.

sorry if i'm making no sense at all. :redface: :redface: :redface:
Reply 69
Anorexia is a disease of the mind which effects the body. I have suffered from it before and i am still trying to change my thinking patterns and get back to a normal eating pattern. You may start off just wanting to lose a few pounds but then it becomes an obsession and you realise that it was more than just losing weight that made you become anorexic. It is torure when all you want to do is to have a normal life but you cant because you are too consumed with counting calories and you are too weak to leave your bed.

I wouldnt want to be obese either as gaining weight is a big fear of mine. I have already gained much weight from my medication but i am still stuck in my old frame of mind of thinking like an anorexic person. Try living with that.
But it doesnt take long untill the weight starts falling off again.

You never really recover from it in my opinion. You can always relapse if you get better ( like i have done any times before) and it is difficult to change how you have lived for the past 10 years or so.

Anyway, what was the question??

xx

Latest

Trending

Trending